Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How big is an ounce of resin?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, can anyone give me in indication of what size an ounce of resin is? I mean what size is it compared to say...half a mars bar (took me bloody ages to think of that) we got an ounce once for £70 and it didnt seem all that big.If even you have pictures of it?

Comments

• Options
    Re: How big is an ounce of resin?
    Originally posted by you_only_ live _once
    Hey, can anyone give me in indication of what size an ounce of resin is?
    an ounce is about ......so big ! thick thin ?
    wiegh it.
    if it's north african standard you shouldn't be paying more than fifty quid..tops, for an ounce.if it's afghani black, which is only now making a come back since the western world decided they were owning afghanistan again, then the price is very high. as is the quality. but it will get cheaper as our regiments bring more and more back. once again it will become one of the more common resins available. as will lebanease red and gold. your in for a treat you youngsters as things get back to "normal" and the variety of resins of quality become more and more available as we take back our previously conquered terortorties.
    turkish weed and resin is also on the up as turkey tries it's best to be part of europe.
    ok i'm rambling. but i'm rambling your reality.
  • Options
    Its too big to hide in your mouth, and too small to be disguised as furniture.

The only way is to weigh it, as the density of hash varies wildly, not just from different sources, but also depending on how it was produces, how its been stored, tempriture it was coled at etc etc... so wiegh it.

If you only have a basic scales you can weigh an once as its going to be 8 pennies, or 4 twopeny peices.
  • Options
    about this big
  • Options
    I'd say as a very average messure then it should be a little bigger than a pack of ten cigs, but not as big as 20.

Morrocan is right, unless its quite good, £70 for what sounds like normal soap bar is quite steep. An once goes for about £50 in London but annoyingly its hard to a) find dealers in hash at all anymore b) find a dealer who will sell less than 2 or 3 oz in one go.
  • Options
    Type r-our ounce was bigger than that anyway.
    bongbudda-Ill check a cigarette packet next time we have an ounce.
  • Options
    Originally posted by cokephreak
    Its too big to hide in your mouth, and too small to be disguised as furniture.

i love this one !
  • Options
    Good to know i'm appreciate M.R.
  • Options
    Get yourself a set of letter scales, only £2-£3 from head shops (or WHSpliff) - ideal for checking 'deals' on the spot!

LetterScales.JPG
  • Options
    Alternativly spend a small amount of time working for starbucks / costa coffee / coffee republic / any major coffee shop chain, as they have small, accurate electronic scales that get occassionally used to measure coffee...

When i say occassionally used i mean rarely...

The scales I use were lifted from one of the above coffee chains about 9 months ago (the box the scales were in is still on the shelf) and they still have not noticed its absence.
  • Options
    BIG