Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

spots

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi does ne1 know how to get rid of spots ive had them for ages but they get worst not better ne ideas

Comments

• Options
    How severe are these spots? are there lots of them or just a few? Depending on the severity the doctors could probably give you some cream for t otherwise i think the chemist might sell some good creams. Hope that helped.
  • Options
    It doesn't matter how severe they are, the doc will give you cream.

I went to the docs because I had an ankle problem, and whilst there he said 'I'll give you something for that acne'. I wasn't aware I had acne, I had about three little spots, but he was adament I had acne, so i took the cream anyway, because it was free!

Go to the docs and just ask for something for them!
  • Options
    Go the docs :)
  • Options
    My friend is quite "spotty", but it suddenly became worse... Her whole forehead and shoulders and back where covered in spots. She went to the doctor, and he gave her something, but it didn't help. Then her cousin saw the spots, and said that she had the same thing cause of a shampoo. They found out that it was the same shampoo, and when she stopped using it, it went a lot better, than what it had been like.

So maybe it could be a reaction to something?
  • Options
  • Options
    try using a face mask called warming charcoal detox facial mask. i got it yesterday after reading about it in a magazine and apparently its very good. it detoxifies your skin and draws out all the impurities. you can get it in boots. its £7 but worth it
  • Options
    Originally posted by shazza
    it detoxifies your skin and draws out all the impurities. you can get it in boots. its £7 but worth it

Have you tried it yet?
  • Options
    yeah i've used it three days in a row so far as its a daily face mask. they say it takes a few days for you to notice any difference but i can notice a difference now. i think its gonna be a good investment :)
  • Options
    you can get those pills from the doctor.
    a mate of mine had really bad acne for ages...like REALLY bad. so bad in fact even he used to take the piss outta them.
    well anyway
    he got these new pills (he was a bit of a guinea pig) and had to take them 2 or 3 times a day for a long time.

ok so they were the size of small biscuits (literally) and dried him out so much his skin peeled off but he drunk loads of water etc and within a few weeks his skin was clear.

the dried, chapped lips and skin thing is pretty nasty looking, but its worth it and of course a bit of dry skin can be explained away with "...i went out in icy weather now my lips are chapped..." or something if you think itd be embarressing
    Braidsta
  • Options
    yeah if u go to the hospital (they can only be prescribed from a hospital) u can get pills called roaccutane, they're a type of isotretinoin and trust me after 1-2 months of taking these u wont have any spots. However, if ur female these can affect your baby if ur pregnant and u have to get regular blood tests as they can damage your liver.

But not to put you off, on the leaflet describing the drug it lists some of the more rare side effects and one read
    "Can give effects of mental illness and attempt at suicide"
    I kid you not

My mate had really severe acne, and i mean severe and he got these, no his face is spot free and as smooth as a babys bottom :)
  • Options
    Dudes,
    That Roactitain stuff works a treat altough it dries your skin out so so so bad! I had to take it for 4 months, but it all worked out good in the end. The side affects are really nasty, it makes ya skin really sensitive to sunlight, so I got REALLY sunburnt in about 20 minutes. You can also get really badly depresed and you bones can become brittle... and another wierd thing beer reverses the effects of the drug for a short while! weird stuff, but good stuff.Bopz :)
  • Options
    roaccutane is for acne, not spots. my sister went on it and yes it does have the whole side effects, liver damage, depression etc, but it is very rare and it really does work as a last resort if u have acne.

if it is spots, i can't give ne advice. i have had them since i was about 11 and still have them at 16, i have constantly been told i will grow out of it and so never actually use ne thing stronger then face washes for oily/spotty skin.

if u do ever find a good way of clearing them then plz tell us!

laters

hellie x x x
  • Options
    Go down to your nearest health store and grab yourself a bottle of 'Tea Tree Oil'. Get the pure stuff, not the Boots or Body Shop ones, bc they dilute with crap.

And also, get the Oil, not the stick, bc they get dirty after half way. Dab a small bit of oil onto your little finger every night and rub it over the spots. It ought to work after a while.
  • Options
    I think you should see your doc, he can prescribe somethinh, something that works fotr one person may not nessesarily work for you. :)
  • Options
    drink plenty of water, dont touch em! dont burst em, they say only burst the yellow ones.... but i've now got loads of red marks where i previously had spots (im 18 now) and did stuff like burst em.
    and the magic thing......... that aint very magic............ put some toothpaste on those bastards before ya go to bed =D tried it, dunno if it bloody works, stings a bit, but hey it's all gud...... unless you get more spots =S
  • Options
    *cough*this post is two months old*cough*
  • Options
    *cough*this post is two months old*cough*

Its now excactly 4 months old today!
  • Options
    anything worked on these spots yet then? haha
This discussion has been closed.