Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Moscow Theatre ~~ Sleeping Beauty

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
attachment.php?s=&postid=682755

Spetsnaz troops actually provided an excellent example of 'guerrilla' theatre...considering that they actually stopped the women from self detonating by using gas and the double tap school of shooting the show...indeed goes on~!

And how would such a performance be handled in the ol pirate kingdom...I ask because I really would like to know.
:crazyeyes :eek2: :naughty:

Comments

• Options
    Re: Moscow Theatre ~~ Sleeping Beauty
    Originally posted by Diesel
    And how would such a performance be handled in the ol pirate kingdom...I ask because I really would like to know.
    :crazyeyes :eek2: :naughty:

Probably by the SAS acting under authority from the Met., who would undoubtedly end the seige in a similar way to that of the Iranian Embassy.... you know, with minimal casualties. :p
  • Options
    With a bit of ability probably. The Russians somehow managed to kill more people than the Chechens would ever have managed to.

Im impressed. Almost as if a Chechen did the gas firing...
  • Options
    Re: Re: Moscow Theatre ~~ Sleeping Beauty
    Originally posted by DJP

Probably by the SAS acting under authority from the Met., who would undoubtedly end the seige in a similar way to that of the Iranian Embassy.... you know, with minimal casualties. :p

You don't have a clue about the risk factor or reality of CT ops, do you?

Probably?

If the SAS or Delta had run this operation, there would probably be a big hole where the theatre was, a lot of dead hostages, operators and terrorists. That is the reality of any Counter-Terrorist operation. They are always long odds. This one was longer than most. The Russians did a hell of a good job in the assault phase (post-assault support can be questioned).