Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nutmeg

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone ever tried nutmeg and was successful in getting high?and if so is it just nutmeg that u buy in a supermarket?just put it in a bong/joint and smoke it r what?heard many rumours about nutmeg.

Comments

• Options
    you can get high off nutmeg, you cant use the ground stuff you have to use whole nutmegs (dont ask me why)
    nostradamus was on nutmeg when he made his premonitions.....
    i wouldnt recommend it though, from what i've heard it can make you quite ill and has side effects that can last for over a week afterwards, and from what ive heard its really not worth it anyway.
    erowid has a page on it....
    www.erowid.org
  • Options
    Thanks anyway octopus.I wudnt try it anyway-too fucked up,read about it on erowid and the side effects wudnt be good.Ill stick to dope
  • Options
    Yeah wudnt recomend it.. its a paranoia trip.. not fun at all. But maybe its just me..im generally quite paranoid anyway. I ate 3 full nuts on my own one night out of boredom... took about 3 hours for the onset to begin.. which was about the time that i got tired and decided to go bed. I was jumping in and out of my window all night thinking the police were busting in my door and gonna raid my house and i was gonna get locked up.. i heard voices and footsteps all fuckin night..didnt get a wink of sleep. Didnt get ill though.. but still wudnt recomend it unless ur one of those ppl that likes Angel Dust and all those fuck ur head up drugs
  • Options
    Dosent sound fun at all.3 full nuts?just buy them in a shop and eat them?
  • Options
    I've read about this one in New Scientist (sad, but someone's got to read it) so yes it is probably true. And yes it is the regular nutmeg stuff that you can buy in a supermarket. It is sometimes used by people in prisons who can't get their hands on anything else. But from what I can remember from the article it said that the side effects were hell and that the people who tried to get high on nutmeg often ended up in hospital because of it. So probably not recommended!
  • Options
    its just one of those things where if it was worth it, it would either be illegal, or everyone would be doing it
  • Options
    Yea ur right octopus.
  • Options
    Well, Ive had two seperate experiences with nutmeg and both times felt total "megged"..hehe. First time I did it was because I didnt believe my mate that you cud get fucked on nutmeg. The second time was to prove to another mate that you cud get fucked on it. The first time I crushed (tho not to a powder) 15 whole nutmegs and ate them. Second time I slowly ate my way through 2 jars of powdered stuff. The first experience was definitely more intense.
    Takes about 4hours to kick in (something to do with the way the chemicals are converted after/near end of digestion. I have to say that I was quite possibly the most fucked Ive ever been.... Sounds real strange that something so irrelevant can get you screwed and at minimal prices!!! But you do have to take in account of the putrid taste, which throws everyone off from doing it. In fact now, if I eat something which has even the slightest bit of nutmeg in it, it tastes just like Im eating it from the jar again.... Definitely worth a try just for the experience. My eyes almost dried out completely and were more bloodshot than they'd ever been, mild visual hallucinations but mainly auditory. Felt just as fucked the next day and couldn't move ( I slept for 14hrs!!!), so watch out! Generally you will probably really hate it, you become way too lethargic to do jack shit and just lie there monged for hours..... Still, bit of fun that I'll never forget....and people still never believe me that it can fuck you up! Try it and see. 15 whole nutmegs for £1-2.