Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How would you go about tracking someone down? e.g.Are you the best stalker out there?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
With 3 pieces of information, how would you go about finding a person?

You have the following:
1. Full Name
2. Occupation
3. Country (location), possibly down to a city, but nothing more specific than that.

Hehe....Let see who can come up with the best possbile way...

This should be fun...

Chatbox

Comments

• Options
    either ringing up 192 enquries, or ringing up the company in question and asking them if I could get in touch with such and such a person, or using MSN directory search.
  • Options
    Nope, can't phone up the company, because you only know occupation, as in the field of work, not where.

The solution has to be able to return a form of contact as a phone number, a real world address (not e-mail address), or place of work.
  • Options
    Us that town electorll roll find your name that will give you a full addresss....
    Otherwise ask a friend of a friend who happen's to work for Experian the credit checking agency;) used his services before very helpfull:p :D
  • Options
    OK Chatbox, why do you want to know exactly?

Stalker jokes are not funny, and people have a right to privacy.
  • Options
    I'd hope that they are registered to vote and use the Electoral register which we have online at work but costs a bomb to use.Luckily we have a subscription so with name and town details i should be able to track them down...although we are only supposed to use it for work related things.
  • Options
    I’d get someone else to do it for me!

Silly game this is!
    :p
  • Options
    So what do you want to find out ....I can help
    Or is this just a crap game
  • Options
    Re: How would you go about tracking someone down? e.g.Are you the best stalker out there?
    Originally posted by Chatbox

You have the following:
    1. Full Name
    2. Occupation
    3. Country (location), possibly down to a city, but nothing more specific than that.

Hehe....Let see who can come up with the best possbile way...

This should be fun...

Chatbox

This is one of the things I do as a professional researcher. Sometimes I find dead people and other times I find living people. I won't reveal the methods but can say that there are many different ways to find someone with just a small amount of information, ways that would surprise most people because they are so simple and perfectly legal. But as someone else has already stated, there is an issue of privacy and one always has to take into the account the reasons why someone wants tolocate another. If it's an adopted person trying to find their birth parent then it has to be stated at the beginning that even if I locate the parent/parents I cannot release the information to the client without permission from the parent/parents.
  • Options
    Nope, no info on friends, only info on them is their names, so that wouldn't help much.

Also, I forgotten to mention, this personl that I'll be trying to find (possibly about 40 years from now), will probably not be living in UK. Therefore the method(s) will need to be able to work outside UK. (I'm not in UK by the way)

There's a reason why I want to do this a long time from now. It will give me a reason to stay alive for longer, and try to live it. Try to spend this 40 years to have a good life. 40 years from now, I'll be getting old, so life will definately be more depressing from now, and as quite a lot of people do when they get old, they'll commit suicide (don't try to argue why people shouldn't do that. Some people lived their whole life and still decided to do it at the end (at the end, because they succeeded), even when they have 30 to 40 years more experience. So what makes you think us 20 years old -about- people can argue about their judgement). You see, life really do suck, it's just some people notice it earlier than others, and some never notice it (ignorance is bliss).

Now let's see what you guys have to say...I know I'm going to get some interesting commets...
  • Options
    TEE HEE - the wisdom of youth...not that any of what you just said makes sense anyway so how is anyone meant to have a view on it?
  • Options
    You can't really say no one...because you're not "everybody".

Um...Time to improve my communication skills....or....time to have your interpretation skill improve...

Or is it just because you have very low ability to understand? Well, try harder, but then there's not much we can do about your level of intelligence.

But then on a second thought, maybe I'm insane, so maybe what I said really didn't make any sense...

You can interpret the above, right?
  • Options
    (ignorance is bliss).

Then I'm in heaven!:p :D:p:lol:

I did understand what you were saying, but then again I am insane!
    :crazyeyes
  • Options
    haha...

Harmless, I like you already...haha...
  • Options
    Im confused! :confused:
  • Options
    hehe...another confused one...

Try to read it when you have a clear/open mind....

hehe....or, if you're insane, you can read it at anytime.
  • Options
    I have my ways ;)

*does her scary stalker face*
  • Options
    there is a pointto life, and i hav found it, but its very persoanl, so it wouldnt help everyone if i told them. And no, i didnt understand a word of what you were saying. Unless u were drunk, of course?
    Or u were impaled on one of those spiked fences, that wud have made u type like that...
  • Options
    Um....for some reason, I'm finding this funny.

I've managed to lost 50% of you :confused: , and the other 50% seems to understand what I was on about ;) . Is it because it's such an insane issue (my 3rd post in this thread)? Or is it because I had too many grammatical errors? Or was it just the way I had phrased things in that post? Let me know...and maybe I'll try to edit it....haha...

For the 50% who understood, congrats, you're certified insane. hehe :D
  • Options
    ok, unless i'm mistaken, or insane in which case that would mean your not insane. Unless you are in which case i'm probably ok but this thread would be pretty crazy but at least the majoriy of people here would be sane. . . unless their not in which case your questions would probably be ok but the replies would be totally whacked. . . unless er . . anywho

your saying that in 40 years time (or there abouts) when your tired of life you want to know how to track someone down to keep your interest in life am i right? Because if i'm not i'm probably insane in which case. . .

no Jon, snap out of it

i have no idea how you would track someone down, perhaps just sneak about in the shadows looking covertly at people until you get lucky?

/shrug ;)
  • Options
    Re: How would you go about tracking someone down? e.g.Are you the best stalker out there?

You have the following:
    1. Full Name
    2. Occupation

Easy. go to www.192.com

Works EVERY time :naughty:
  • Options
    Ok, so, I take it that 192.com is the easy way to go about finding a person. However, the next question is, do I go ahead with it, or leave things in the past?

What do you think?
  • Options
    In 40 years time, if you don't know someone its because they DONT want to know you or vice versa.
    It's getting easier and easier to get in contact with people, I know people in the USA, and I lost their addresses. After 5 minutes of searching I found them again.
    I had to find out about the long lost father of one of my mum's friends who lived in the USA, with nothing more than a name and a state.
    5 minutes later I had a list of names, addresses and phone numbers, and her dad was top of the list.

By default people in the USA are listed in the White pages and have to be asked to be removed.
    Info about people in the UK isn't commonly held on the internet if it can't be found anywhere else.
  • Options
    "In 40 years time, if you don't know someone its because they DONT want to know you or vice versa."

Don't you think that's odd? By saying that, you're basically saying that if you don't know anybody in 40 years time, you'll continue not knowing anybody. That is a circular arguement that will just keep going round.

e.g. Person A and Person B. A and B know each other. 40 years later, both A and B, individually wants to meet each other. However both A and B had heard what WhoWhere had stated above, and then assume the other peoson probably not want to know themself/meetup. Hence, they never did contact each other again.

hehe...I like my logics.