Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

new girlfriend and my mate

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
last week i met a girl i like so i asked her out and she said yes so obviously i was very happy. i've got 3 very close friends and 2 of them seemed to like her and they got on well. the thing is my other friend doesn't like her at all, going so far as to tell me he thinks she's stupid and implied she is ugly, when clearly she's neither!:mad:

the thing is he also asked a girl out a few weeks ago and he's competitive by nature, so i can't help thinkin he's trying to compare both girls and make his girlfriend out to be better!

anyway it's really startin to get on my nerves and i feel like i can't make a right choice because i really like my girlfriend and think we could work well but then this is one of my best friends who usually comes above girls!

it's just really annoying me!! :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    Tell this "mate" of yours that he can think what he wants about your girlfriend, but that if he's going to keep airing his feelings in front of you then he should keep his mouth shut. Tell him that you are very happy with your new girlfriend and whatever he says isn't going to change that, and also, that, if he's just got a new girlfriend to compete with you, then he needs to grow up.
  • Options
    Maybe he likes her?
  • Options
    well my mates and i were all drinkin last night and the subject of my girlfriend came up and i kinda lost my rag on my friend michael but i think he knows now how much it was annoyin me because he hasn't mentioned it since so i think it's ok now.

i'm pretty sure he doesn't like her but at least now he doesn't go on about it
  • Options
    Originally posted by *~Kitty~*
    Maybe he likes her?

I'd go with that one as well.

If he's just slagging off her looks etc. my guess is hes doing it as he's either a)jealous because he can see you really like her or b) he fancies her because if someones supposed to be a mate and can see you really like someone it's like an unwritten rule that you don't slag them off etc.
  • Options
    If he's judging her looks, it's either

a.) He fancies her and is jealous that you've pulled someone he likes the look of
    b.) He's insecure that you can pull someone pretty and therefore tries to cover this up by making snide comments
    c.) He's just annoyed you've managed to pull!

Well, whatever the reason, he seems to have stopped, so good on you for saying how you felt :)