Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i just can't get over my holiday romance

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i went on holiday to turkey about 4 weeks ago and met a boy who i completely feel head over heels for,

although not straight away but we gradually became closer as the holiday went on, at first i thought it will only be a holiday fling, but him seemed to want to spend alot of time with me and told me things ill never forget :( he made me feel a million dollors,

on the last day before he was going home he knocked on my hotel room in the morning and wanted to spend the whole day with me so i did, we must of stayed in the jacqusi(sp) all day just kissing and talking and then we went back to our rooms and got changed to go out for the night.later me and my mates meet him and his mates and we sat be the pool chatting for a while but that last night i found alot of things out about him that i never new from lots of different people and although we wernt like going out or nothing he had told me that he really wanted a relationship with me when we got back to england, i found out that he had been with other girls once id gone home everynight to bed and he had spent the night in there rooms, i found out that he had been with about 4 or 5 other girls :( i was really shocked after he spent the whole day with me,

its along story but basically the next day i was off with him and we said good bye and he went home leaving me there another week to find out from different girls that he had been with them, and even now im back home i just can't get the boy out of my head!! it really is depressing i really really liked him, does anyone no how i can just forget about him? and why did he tell me that he loved me and wished i lived nearer to him? and if he was just using me then how come he never tried anything on with me like he did with all the other girls? because all we did was talk and kiss? and he never asked me for anything else, im so confused

thankyou and sorry its so long
:)

Comments

• Options
    From what I can see (a guy's point of view), this guy you're talking about is not worth your time and worries.

Basically, a guy will say a lot of nice things to a girl that he wants to take advantage of. Sometimes you do come across some great people that honestly like you for who you are and not for any other reason, but this guy isn't one of them.

Um...about how to forget him...you can't. What you can do though is put him at the back of your mind, by keeping busy, meeting more people. But from time to time, the memories will just come back to you, and it'll just hurt as much as before.

Life sucks.

Chatbox
  • Options
    Originally posted by Chatbox

Basically, a guy will say a lot of nice things to a girl that he wants to take advantage of.
    Chatbox

yeah but the thing is we never did anything more than kiss and he never tried anything on like that we just talked about how much we wanted to keep in touch and stuff , so thats what i don't understand? the fact that he slept with other girls but didnt try it on with me :confused: so i suppose atleast he didnt use my like that, but thankyou both for your advise anyway :)

and eminem lover did you stay intouch with your holiday romance? thanks again love sugar
  • Options
    Holiday romances, eh? All the thrills and spills of a fling at home, but with the bonus of (if you don't want to) never having to see them again.

**sugar**, this boy may have made you feel a million dollars with the things he said. That much is true, I knew a boy who did that and I won't deny it feels good. But, like this boy did to you, the one I knew hurt me too. If this boy has hurt you so much, it's harsh but it has to be said-he's not worth your time. You are worth more than some idiot who tells you how great you are, then goes with 5 girls the minute your back is turned.

It's easier said than done, but forget him. Find someone who will appreciate and respect you (and is closer to home ;))

Luv moi xxx
  • Options
    thankyou for the advise tashamania, and im sorry to here about the way a boy hurt you to :( , the thing is i just wish i could hate him but i loved the time we spent together.
    i'm gunna try just to put him behind me and get on with my life without thinking about him all the time, although i no that i will never be able to forget him:(
  • Options
    the thing is i just wish i could hate him but i loved the time we spent together
    I know how this feels, and it sucks, But honestly, you will get over it. You just need time :)

Ever feel like you need to talk, I'm only ever a private message away.

Luv moi xxx
  • Options
    I know I'm joining this topic quite late but sorry :)

I know it's really difficult to get over holiday romances but what worries me is when you say " He said how much he loves and how he wishes we lived closer" ( or words to that affect)... bit strong really!

What you haven't said is what's happened since? Have you kept in touch? If so..... what's he been saying? If not, why hasn't he?

I really feel for you as it sounds like a horrible experience to be in :(

I'm lucky, I met my girlfriend on holiday this year and she lives far way :( Fortunately we get to see eachother quite often and things are going great ( 4 months so far!) .

I know it's hard to "get over" people, but believe me time does make a difference and slowly you will fall for someone else :)

Good Luck
  • Options
    thanks tashamania, and thankyou for the pm offer i'm sure il'l take u up on that sometime thats really sweet of you :)

Originally posted by Punto
    I know I'm joining this topic quite late but sorry :)

Iwhat worries me is when you say " He said how much he loves and how he wishes we lived closer" ( or words to that affect)... bit strong really!

What you haven't said is what's happened since? Have you kept in touch? If so..... what's he been saying? If not, why hasn't he?

well first of all, im glad that things are going well with you and your girlfriend :)
    yes i did think that when he said that he loved me and stuff that it was a bit stong, when he told me he loved me i said no you don't thats just silly, i mean how could he fall in love me in just a week :rollseyes:

and secondly, well what happened was the day before he went he asked for my address and number so i gave it to him and he said to remind him to give his to me, Then the morning he went home i got up early to see him and some other mates off on there coaches but i wern't sure weither or not what i had found out about him the night before was true, so i acted off with him and not really talking to him so he just said "im going in a bit so i'l say goodbye now and remember to stay in touch yeah" and i just went "yeah whatever" and he walked off,

then i thoughrt that it would be stupid to just leave it that way so i went to go and wave goodbye to him, as i got there the coach pulled up and he saw me so came and said goodbye again, and we kissed and that was it he went,
    i didnt get his address or number because at that point i felt stupid asking for it and thought well he has mine so he can contact me, but he hasn't and he probaly never will :( and i spent the rest of my holiday thinking of him.
  • Options
    Yes things are going well, but it's difficult being so far apart but we always have something to look forward to :)

Shame you didn't get his addy and other details :| If he did mean what he was saying on holiday he defiantely would have been in touch even though you gave him the cold shoulder on the last day.

Sounds like he was just saying those things do erm.... How can I put it delicately? To get another notch on his bed post :mad:

Believe me, if this is the case your well rid!

You never I know I could be wrong of course! Things will work out I'm sure!
  • Options
    thankyou for the advise punto, and i'm glad to here things are going well with you and your girlfriend:)