Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Please please help - I have no idea what to do

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I usually post under a different name, but don't want anyone concerned to know who I am, so posting under this just for this message.

I've nearly 20 and have never had a girlfriend, and basically have no idea about how to move from friend to more. At the weekend I was involved in a meeting for a society at uni, which lasted all day Saturday and Sunday. There was a girl there who I really liked, but thought was completely out of my league, both as she was really really pretty, and a little older than me.

On Saturday night some of us went out, and I noticed a bit that this girl sometimes looked at me and smiled. I haven't a clue whether this was being friendly or flirting. The next day, I was too shy to say anything to her, and she didn't say anything to me, and now I'm confused about what to do. The group is meeting again sometime soon, and she will probably be there, but I'd like to know what sort of thing to do. I'm really shy and lacking in self-confidence, but don't want to be single for the rest of my life.

Can someone please please offer some advice?

Thank you very much in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Lancashire Lad,

I know its gonna sound like a cliche, but I do know to a degree how ur feeling.

I myself am very shy and dont hava lot of confidence, especially where girls r concerned. However, in the past few months I've learnt a couple of things:

a) Girls are not an alien species

b) If you a like a girl, then just go and talk 2 her. I know it sounds simple enough, and when it comes 2 it it is hard, but uve just gotta do it. Once the first few words r exchanged, it gets so much easier, and ull soon know whether there is a chemistry thre or not.

Another cliche, but Good Luck...
  • Options
    Yeah you should definitely go up to girls you like and talk to them. Life is short, and you only live once, another cliche but tis true.

Coming from a female *looks down* yeah female, it is always nice for a guy to come up out if the blue and talk to me, even if I don't find him attractive. Just go for it.
  • Options
    Talk to her next time. You may find she's very down to earth and she'll be flattered at the attention believe me. You only live once - shy or not. Once you've done it that's it. It will give you further confidence for next time.
  • Options
    Talk to her, you might miss out on a great opportunity otherwise. If you get on well, try and see her again in a group setting as it feels less pressured. Go for it, and good luck!
  • Options
    Well, I should see her tomorrow evening, so maybe I'll chat to her then. I'll let you know how it goes :nervous: