Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right before I start I might aswell give you all the details
Right I met this girl about a month and a half ago and we got on really really well I asked her out, we went out for about a week then her best friend told her that if she didn't dump me she would never be her friend again and would cut her self, we split up but became really close friends like best friends and would tell each other everything then we started going to cinema together and going ice skating together and we realised how much we really did love each other we think about each other all the time and are always txting each other well it is two days since we told each over how we really felt about each other and we both felt the same, that we can't stop thinking about each other, and we get sad when the other is sad and this is the strongest we have ever felt about someone, everything about is the same we both like the same music, t.v , films, sports hell even our parents are exactly the same anyway back to the problem we haven't spoke since then (2 days ago) and I am meeting her tommorow moring and was just wondering if anyone had any advice? what to say or what to do? please help

Comments

• Options
    then her best friend told her that if she didn't dump me she would never be her friend again and would cut her self, we split up

Please shed some light as to why her friend made her do this?

Does she dislike you or was she worried you would take her friend away?

anyway just play it cool and pick up from where you left off. but if the "friends" is just going to make demands again and stop you going out I can't see your relationship will ever work!
  • Options
    Don't mean to sound blunt but, either this best friend fancies this girl, or she fancies you, either way, it seems to me like classic jealousy. Don't let her selfishness get in the way of your happiness, go through with the relationship, and if you get anymore trouble off this person call the police.
  • Options
    Well the girl couldn't come today but I saw her friend and she asked me out and said how much she liked me and she was so jealous of my friend I then had a right go at her calling her selfish then she ran off so I feel really bad about it :(
  • Options
    i can imagine from her point of view. She fancied u all this time, then she saw u go out with her m8, but she was in so much pain that she told her m8 to break up with you. She thought she mite be in with a chance, then she shes that u and her friend are getting closer again. She suddenly realises the only way she can be with you is to be bold so she goes and asks you out. It must've really hure when you said she is selfish and all that, so my advice what is best for her is for you to apoligize (say you were in a bad mood or something) and say that you appreciate that she has feelings for you but you dont return those feelings and are very sorry but thats just the way you feel. This will make it easier for her to get over you and let you and your girlfriend (or at least girlfriend to be) get on with your relationship. The thing is that saying something like that can be really upsetting and i can see her crying into her pillow and etc. Its not your fault, you just said what you felt, but try to understand that she is emotionally fragile now so if u dont say anything and she sees you going round with her best mate it could send her over the edge andd she might self harm. You cant take the blame if she does self harm because it is unfair of her to use that as leverage, but you can try to stop her anyway and maybe even try and build up a friendship.
  • Options
    Hey thanks you people are very helpful you see, the girl I was nasty to is allright and someone that I could easily be friends with, so I will try to apolagize once again thanks