Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Don't know what to do

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know if anyone will remember me but I posted a thread about a month or so ago and just wanted to update you on the situation and see if anyone has any advice for me.

Basically, to sum up my scenario, in August my boyfriend of 4 years told me he didn't think our relationship was going anywhere and that we could no longer be together as a couple. We've been living together for several years now and share a rented house and several pets. Practically everything in our house is shared between the both of us, and practically everything I own, right down to stupid things like socks, is linked to him in some way.

Several months on, and we are still living together - it's not really possible for us not to as we're tied up in a year's contract for the house. We're also still very close and very good friends. We spend all our spare time together, and still sleep in the same bed (although he now wears shorts, as opposed to before, when he never wore anything).

I am still totally in love with him, but it is almost impossible for me to get him to talk about how he feels. Whenever we do talk properly about what's going on, he tends to break down and cry and it makes me feel very guilty so generally I just tend to keep it all to myself and try and block it out.

He's told me before that he's very depressed (although he's very very good at hiding it - always acting happy), and that he doesn't think he's good enough, that when he looks into the future he sees himself as always being alone.

I try to tell him that he doesn't have to be alone, that I'm always going to be there, but it doesn't seem as though he wants me to be. Which totally confuses me because of all the time we spend together and the fact that we're so close. When I ask him if he still wants to live with me, he says he doesn't know. He says I have to make the decision as to what to do. How can I?? I know exactly what I want and how I feel, he's the one who is confused.

Sorry for rambling. I hope I made some kind of sense....

Comments

• Options
    Im probably no good to give advice after breaking up with my Boyf last night!

so... it sounds sorta similar to me although we were not living together thus making it easier! i think he is using you because of the rent etc.

But like i asid im no good to give advice ive not exactly sucessfully kepy a relationship! :(
  • Options
    no, it's nothing to do with the rent. He's not like that, that's the thing. He's just so not being a bastard at all, he's just always so NICE. Arghhh!
  • Options
    he sounds like he may need help with his depression.
    it seems like he doesn't feel worthy of you, but he should be!

An old saying that rings true - one needs to love oneself to enable one to love others!

hug him!!!
    ________
    Fix ps3