Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Check THIS Out. . .

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, let me lay it down for you. I was supposed to go to a Guns N' Roses concert with my stepdad and my best friend. The concert ends up being cancelled, which I'm very pissed about, but I found out some shocking info about my stepdad soon after. Turns out he bought 1/4 of an ounce of weed for me and my friend for the concert without telling me. :crazyeyes:shocking: Now that the concert is cancelled, he's gonna smoke up with me and give me what's left over. This is my stepdad we're talking about! I've never even smoked weed before! I also found out how he's been a huge pothead for most of his life, but hasn't smoked in a year and a half. I've known him for almost 4 years, so this is a HUGE suprise to me. He also smoked up with most of my aunts and uncles while he was dating my mom, and even his mother when he was younger. This seems a little weird to me.

Comments

• Options
    People from all walks of life smoke it these days. It is not reserved for the stereotypical stoners. If you want to smoke it, then do, but if you don't just say you don't.
  • Options
    yea all different ppl smoke it now.you shud be happy getting some for free.lol.
  • Options
    Woah cool!!!!!! :crazyeyes :lol:
  • Options
    Re: Check THIS Out. . .
    Originally posted by sjfPARROTHEAD
    Ok, let me lay it down for you. I was supposed to go to a Guns N' Roses concert with my stepdad and my best friend. The concert ends up being cancelled, which I'm very pissed about, but I found out some shocking info about my stepdad soon after. Turns out he bought 1/4 of an ounce of weed for me and my friend for the concert without telling me. :crazyeyes:shocking: Now that the concert is cancelled, he's gonna smoke up with me and give me what's left over. This is my stepdad we're talking about! I've never even smoked weed before! I also found out how he's been a huge pothead for most of his life, but hasn't smoked in a year and a half. I've known him for almost 4 years, so this is a HUGE suprise to me. He also smoked up with most of my aunts and uncles while he was dating my mom, and even his mother when he was younger. This seems a little weird to me.

Just curious here...are you from the States and does your step-father's first name start with an"S"?
  • Options
    people have been smoking for generations...it's not new.
    i've been smoking for 35yrs and i'll be smoking at my own funeral.
    i smoke with my kids and step kids. most families i know are like this.
    some people have evil parents/st ep parents. go with the flow.
  • Options
    Did you just say "let me lay it down for you" and that you were going to a Guns N' Roses concert?
  • Options
    Yeah, I thought that was kinda funny. And I am from the States, but my stepdad's name doesn't start with "S".

Well, he gave me the weed today, but it smells a little funny. It has a hint of that good old skunky smell, but for some reason it smells like pine trees or something. Is that normal, cause I haven't had too much experience with pot. According to him, after taking three hits off of it, he claims it's too strong for me, but gave it to me anyway to hide.
  • Options
    Yeah, I thought that was kinda funny. And I am from the States, but my stepdad's name doesn't start with "S".

Well, he gave me the weed today, but it smells a little funny. It has a hint of that good old skunky smell, but for some reason it smells like pine trees or something. Is that normal, cause I haven't had too much experience with pot. According to him, after taking three hits off of it, he claims it's too strong for me, but gave it to me anyway to hide.

Well, that sets my mind at ease. I was worried that you might have been talking about my ex-boyfriend, he who I so stupidly got tangled up with for over three years between husband #1 and husband #2 :)

As for the smell, that could be down to where it was cultured. Many don't realise that if you smoke pot that was grown near Oleader plants they can fatally poison themselves. The same goes for honey made by bees with a hive near Oleanders.

Before you get into a panic, it doesn't sound as if yours was grown near Oleanders. More than likely in the woods. Are you from the West Coast (Calif., Oregon, Washington) or one of the western states (Idaho, Arizona)? Many growers in those states plant in the forest areas that are hard to get to with a car, aka 4x country.
  • Options
    whats oleanders?
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    whats oleanders?

They are a very large flowering shrub with a strong, sweet perfume-like scent. Pretty to look at but dangerous to grow if you have children or pets, both of whom seem to be compelled to taste the flowers.

http://oleander.org/toxicity.htm

• Options
    Not only did I have to contend with 11 Oleanders growing on my acreage in California, I also had to deal with an over abundance of Jimson Weed, a real pain to get rid of and also highly toxic, and sometimes fatal, to those who don't know how to use it properly.
  • Options
    I live in NY, but I think I heard my stepdad say this guy grows it in his closet. Plus, my stepdad took a few hits and he's alright.
  • Options
    I live in NY, but I think I heard my stepdad say this guy grows it in his closet. Plus, my stepdad took a few hits and he's alright.

If it was grown in a closet then what you smell is probably cedar wood, which is excellent for keeping moths out of the closets and it leaves a strong, almost pine-like scent.