Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

famous ecstacy users.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Shaun Ryder
Band Name - Happy Mondays. Single - 'FreakyDancin'. Album - 'Pills, Thrills and Bellyache.' Tattoo - 'Ecstasy Shaun.' Results - conclusive. Legend has it that Shaun and Bez drove into town with one of the first big batches of E filling their car boot.

Alexander Shulgin
The legendary research chemist who rediscovered MDMA in 1965. Expanded human scientific knowledge of psychco-actives and their use more than anyone else. Last of the great living drug gurus. Detailed his experiences in the somewhat dull book 'Phikal' (Phenethylamines I Have Known And Loved)

Sting
Claims that sex and drugs get better after 40. A born-again guru, practising extreme yoga, tantric sex and ecstasy.

Eminem
The great white hope of hip hop. Changed the game from blunts, weed and cognac to ecstasy and acid. Takes half an E before every stage performance to "loosen up"

Fat Boy Slim
"One pill changed my life" shocker! From ironic Housemartin to iconic DJ King of The World Fatboy Slim. One of the most influential men in music and popular culture, though obviously now doesn't touch drugs since his marriage to a well-known children's TV presenter.

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Brian Harvey - memeber of East17 who got into a lot of shit after admitting being a ecstasy user. Once admitted to doing 10+ pills in one night (can't remember the exact figure).

Liam Gallagher - once said (on radio I think) that popping a pill wasn't any different than having a cup of tea.

The Shamen - wrote Ebaneezer Goode (quality tune)

Moby
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Shulgins comments about his use of MDMA sum it up very well, and the story of his wife using mdma in treatment is really interesting, read the book everyone.
  • Options
    Kylie Minogue - I'm sure I've read it somewhere!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Maypoo
    Kylie Minogue - I'm sure I've read it somewhere!

That rings a bell actually...

It reminds me as well...There's a shit hole of a club in Glasgow, (OK I know there's alot of them), I went to, purely for the cheap booze, and my lack of funds. Anyway, Jason Donavan (sp?) happened to be there making a guest appearance.

So up goes Jason, in a Helly Hansen jacket, despite it being the middle of summer outside, and fucking roasting inside, jaw hanging, eyes rolling, so sing a few songs.

First one - Love Is In the Air, second - The Home & Away theme, despite the fact he was in Neighbours.

Halfway through home and away he stops, looks around, and makes a run for the toilet.

It was hillarious, and at least we got to listen to some decent music after that ;)
  • Options
    Someone I knew rolled with bud bundy from married w/ children in vegas and another person I knew saw pamela anderson at a club in NYC with her jaws xhattering
  • Options
    Angus Deaton ... To get a little topical
  • Options
    the best person to smoke dope with wud have to be ozzy osbourne or a famous rock star of course.
  • Options
    Whilst on a stag do in Nottingham about 2 yrs ago was in a club where, wait for it, none other than tv's own Sid Owen (RICKKKKEY) was doing an appearance to promote his 'new' career.

Goes the bog and there he was buying a pill.

Opinion of him changed from then on!

Top man!
  • Options
    Billie Piper
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive

Liam Gallagher - once said (on radio I think) that popping a pill wasn't any different than having a cup of tea.

Moby

he was actually mis-quoted on that i remember listening to the exact interview on radio 1.
    he was asked what he thought about brian harvey being kicked out of east 17 and he said that "FOR SOME PEOPLE taking ecstacy was as normal as having a cup of tea in the morning"
    all the papers and media allways left the some people bit off tho!!
  • Options
    check out my topic on famous people and GHB from the news today http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/10/23/nolte.dui/index.html