Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

famous cocaine users.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
famous cocaine users

Stephen King
From 1979-1987, the horror novelist was addicted to cocaine describing it as his "on switch" and cannot remember a couple of books he wrote during this period. King claims it saved him from alcoholism and an early grave: "without coke I'd have gone on drinking until about the age of 55 and it would have been a couple of lines in the New York Times: 'Writer Stephen King dies of stroke.'

Sigmund Freud
Wrote effervescently of the "exhilaration and lasting euphoria" and its "stimulative effect on the genitalia". Even penned a (now hard-to-find) essay, 'UberCoca,' extolling its virtues. " Changed his mind about the substance when a patient friend of his died of an overdose.

Robert Louis Stevenson
Wrote Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde in six days and nights on a cocaine binge. "That an invalid in my husband's condition of health should have been able to perform the manual labour alone of putting 60,000 words on paper in six days, seems almost incredible," said his astonished wife, Fanny.

Sherlock Holmes
"Sherlock Holmes took… his hypodermic syringe from its neat morocco case. With his long, white, nervous fingers he adjusted the delicate needle, and rolled back his left shirt cuff...the sinewy forearm and wrist, all dotted and scarred with innumerable puncture-marks...sank back into the velvet lined armchair with a long sigh of satisfaction." The Sign Of Four.

Comments

• Options
    Jules Verne - Author of 'The Time Machine' and '2,000 leagues under the sea'

Tim Allen - Actor.
  • Options
    surely you mean MOST celebrities take it.
    Rod Stewart does or did, as my husband was a body guard for him quite a few years back and said he was very generous with his coke!
  • Options
    I grew up in the home town of Arther connan doyle, the author of sherlock holmes, interesting fact for you.

We've got a 40,000 pound bronze statue of the bloke in the middle of town, seems a strange thing to do for a coke head.

As for Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde, if you read the original then you can really see the coke references, its all a big dig at his friends who were big coke heads at the time. Quite funny really that such a great story is really just a piss take.
  • Options
    Richard Bacon off of Blue Peter i met him when he was coked up and he was a moody bastard...
  • Options
    probably over 50% of celebrities at one point.
    robin williams
    fleetwood mac
    aerosmith
    definately ozzy
    chris farley
    james taylor

one of my buddies just attended a party in costa rico for work hosted by carmen electra and pulled rails all night with david allen grier. Another one with Kid rock who was in town last week
  • Options
    Richard Bacon off of Blue Peter i met him when he was coked up and he was a moody bastard...

I can imagine him being a RIGHT arse!
  • Options
    isn't coke waht Robert Downey Jr is on?
    xxx
  • Options
    Jennifer Ellison (fit bird out of brookie, emily shadwick), was at the same party thing in harrogate.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Girl_gunner
    isn't coke waht Robert Downey Jr is on?
    xxx

PHWOOARR i should have remembered him, i lurrrrrrve him.
  • Options
    yeh he is pretty fine! wz wkd in Ally McBeal
    xxx