Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Should Cannabis Be Legalised?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What are your views? Should Cannabis be Legal or should it stay as it is? Reply to this with your opinion.:)

Comments

• Options
    Re: Should Cannabis Be Legalised?
    Originally posted by paul2002
    What are your views? Should Cannabis be Legal or should it stay as it is? Reply to this with your opinion.:)
    for myself i realy dont give a shit either way. i've been smoking all my life and will carry on regardless.
    but for you youngsters it should be made legal. simply to stop giving otherwise normaly law abiding citezens a criminal record which can...and will, effect your carear ops.
  • Options
    i think it should be legal-like mroll said it shud be legal to give people a better career choice instead of having a criminal record.
  • Options
    2 quotes that come to mind:

"no victim no crime"

"a vote for legalization is a vote against organized crime"

and morrocan, wouldnt you prefer to be able to pop down your local cofee shop for chips and a spliff? :D
    Duffy
  • Options
    Originally posted by duffy_2k
    2 quotes that come to mind:

"no victim no crime"

"a vote for legalization is a vote against organized crime"

and morrocan, wouldnt you prefer to be able to pop down your local cofee shop for chips and a spliff? :D
    Duffy
    i already do !
    in manchester there are a number of taxi companies who will deliver to your door. "i want a quarter , a pizza and a four pack please. make it around 8/30pm. " "o.k i will send mr patel round".
    REALY mate.
  • Options
    thats pretty cool mroll,wish that was here, so i could just sit in the house,pick the fone up and order my dope.:D
  • Options
    I do but it wont be happening for at the very least of ten years and even thats an outside chance.

We've signed a treaty and we wont be pulling out of that anytime soon.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    We've signed a treaty and we wont be pulling out of that anytime soon.
    so did amsterdam, but they found a way round it :)
    Duffy
  • Options
    Originally posted by duffy_2k

so did amsterdam, but they found a way round it :)
    Duffy
    good on yer man...i cant remember that being pointed out on here before.
  • Options
    Drugs should be legalised, cause then theres not gonna be such a large blackmarket for them, and people wont be taking drugs for the illegal thrill of it. They'll be less danger of getting fake crap, because it would be government checked if it was legal.

Why the hell are they illegal? cause people get involved in crime and die and crap like that? People die from typewriters falling on thier heads too, and they arn't illegal. If someone wants to take the risk they should be allowed, without the change of getting caught by the police. They have better things to do than chasing after druggies.

As for weed....make it legal already Mr Blair!
  • Options
    yea weed should be legal
  • Options
    :eek2: I dont think the dope should be legalised, it could cock our kids up. Since smoking is legal at 16, alot of people start around 13. Same with alcohol except you have to be 18 for that.

Im 16 and took my first pill a few weeks ago at godskitchen in Newcastle, had an absolutley amazing time but think I may have started a bit too young.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Nass
    :eek2: I dont think the dope should be legalised, it could cock our kids up. Since smoking is legal at 16, alot of people start around 13. Same with alcohol except you have to be 18 for that.

Im 16 and took my first pill a few weeks ago at godskitchen in Newcastle, had an absolutley amazing time but think I may have started a bit too young.

i started weed at 14. the law doesnt stop me from doing anything to an extent [e.g murder] im sure many people feel the same way.

did the law stop you from taking that pill? it probably made the experience more exciting or something, i dunno.
    [/debatable mood]
    Duffy
    7d21901ddOXËè4°0Œ
    §ü.l¼žˆ5^®ÉÂíõOoÌŽº;I¹ú]hW>ÿÑF «ûت·lä{œÿóBÌÿAÊÎ>ÂJ,„}ìd_*•b?è`Í-§a+ë7‹Ý¥À ÿìŽÛ¶û6ÊT6ØÜÕžÅÎ"*¢…9J`¥/xä=âl¸vÝ0¨U¨dg©¦NCOl*¿ÏbŸNÎL¿i=p}TÝÉ~0®ÿó@ÌÿؾÊ^{)žϧ^efÙ–«^+Íç68#ÎÙD¦€.HÛ]Ç
  • Options
    yea ur right duffy-if anything taking something illegal makes it more exciting-but i still smoke dope wether legal or illegal.
  • Options
    well the situation in the dam maybe better than here but its still crap, all of the trade is still in the hands of criminals.

Cannabis isnt legal in holland.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    well the situation in the dam maybe better than here but its still crap, all of the trade is still in the hands of criminals.

Cannabis isnt legal in holland.

Squeeze human nature into the straitjacket
    of criminal justice and crime will appear.
    --- Karl Kraus (1908)
  • Options
    Estimated U.S. deaths in 2000 attributed to:

Tobacco: 400,000
    Alcohol: 110,000
    Prescription drugs: 100,000
    Suicide: 30,000
    Murder: 15,000
    Aspirin and related over-the-counter painkillers: 7,600
    Marijuana: 0
    Number of Americans arrested since 1965 on marijuana-related charges: