Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cannabis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Heya ok i never taken/smoked/injected any drugs before and a tad inexperienced ( yes you can laugh but at least i'm admitting it!) so anyway i'm going to my friends tomorrow and they've just got a cannabis plant but they've got a few dried leaves and some seeds, any ideas of what we can do? just for a bit of fun.
thnx
xxxx

Comments

• Options
    hand yourself over to the police !!
  • Options
    Killjoy:D only a bit of fun as i said and it's at her house with her parents not mine!:D
  • Options
    sorry to disapoint you but........a few dried leaves off of a windowsill pot plant aint gonna be to entertaining. take some good old alcohol with you to make it a bit more interesting.
  • Options
    theres a bottle of russian vodka there too! and the leaves came from a field of the stuf:) oh wel thnx!
  • Options
    where is the field of the stuff??
  • Options
    Shogun I can't tell you this for two reasons:
    1. I don't actually know myself
    2. Oh yeah i'm really going to post it on an internet message board:rolleyes:
    xxx
  • Options
    lol.okay.no harm in trying.i live in n.ireland anyway.
  • Options
    I still think you should hand yourself over to the police just for thinking about it.
  • Options
    A field of the stuff will NOT be proper cannabis! If you have got the right plant at all it will be hemp.

Dont bother smoking that because it will just make you ill, there is a good reason that there is a whole field of it there with no-one smoking it all. Think about it!
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    A field of the stuff will NOT be proper cannabis! If you have got the right plant at all it will be hemp.

Dont bother smoking that because it will just make you ill, there is a good reason that there is a whole field of it there with no-one smoking it all. Think about it!

bong...this is a very strange reply........there are more acres being turned over to the legal and ilegal production of good weed than you can imagine.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

bong...this is a very strange reply........there are more acres being turned over to the legal and ilegal production of good weed than you can imagine.

Just curious, is the legal cannabis used for medical purposes more potent than that grown buy illegal growers?
  • Options
    it depends if you're any good at growing it
  • Options
    There is no legal cannabis for ill people virtualy anywhere in the world.

There are medical tests going on with weed but then I'm preaty sure they would have better security than just having it in a field.

If it is actualy a whole field then I think its most likely to be hemp, if its just a small patch then it might be proper.
  • Options
    i could hardly see a field of the stuff sitting there without people smoking it?dosent seem normal if its the right stuff.
  • Options
    hey yeh so they r growin the stuf to smoke it not so it looks pretty!:D we ddnt have any but apparently it's smokeable:D newayz thats that
    xxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    There is no legal cannabis for ill people virtualy anywhere in the world.

There are medical tests going on with weed but then I'm preaty sure they would have better security than just having it in a field.

If it is actualy a whole field then I think its most likely to be hemp, if its just a small patch then it might be proper.

bong..about six months ago there was a story, complete with pics of a 25 acre cannabis field in full view of the M6. loads of people were interviewed about raiding it on a nightly basis. no security whatsoever ! it was being grown under licience from the government for research purposes. there's a 50 acre legal plantation on the island of angelsey...but i haven't tracked it down yet.................
  • Options
    thc_3d_mid.jpg

this is what gets you high when you smoke your little spliffy !
    the human brain and body has millions of cannabis receptors that this thing neatly slots into...simplified i know. but if those receptors were not there, the stuff would have no effect.
    thats why smoking lawn doesn't get you high. if the brain had lawn receptors, then lawn would have an effect.
    now why do our brains and indeed our bodies have all those little receptors fitted ?
  • Options
    Its very interesting...Opiate receptors can also be found in the brain, though the body actually produces its own opiates which are sent in order to numb pain or block out extreme pain(hence why when you go into shock you feel nothing, or you pass out). As for THC receptors, the only answer can be that we must release a certain neuronal chemical to sedate us for a particular reason. It must also be noted that Cannabis contains hundreds of different and similar chemicals that effect you differently and although it is commonly thought that THC is THE ingredient, research suggests that it is more likely that THC works in combination with at least one or two other chemicals in order to produce the desired effects...Thus we must have recptors for those chemicals as well although these have yet to be identified....That is why synthesised THC (such as Marinol) doesn't actually give the exact same effect as the plant itself.