Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Opium poppies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well this is a question probably best answered by rolley, I've just bought some fresh opium poppy (papavera somniferum ) seeds and wondered how long the seeds cud be kept for before they become inactive to germinate? Also do u have any hydroponic growing tips for opium, wot chemicals work well etc?

Comments

• Options
    Re: Opium poppies
    Originally posted by White Rabbit
    Well this is a question probably best answered by rolley, I've just bought some fresh opium poppy (papavera somniferum ) seeds and wondered how long the seeds cud be kept for before they become inactive to germinate? Also do u have any hydroponic growing tips for opium, wot chemicals work well etc?

Opium poppy seeds can be kept for years before they become inactive. If you're worried about whether they'll germinate or not, dampen some kitchen roll and put a few seeds on it, and leave it in a bright window, and if they make lil green shoots then they're gonna be ok. As for growing tips, just water them and grow them in relitivly (spelling?) sandy soil, as they tend to grow better in sandy soil. Don't use chemicals, because they're a wild flower and will grow fine on their own. :)
  • Options
    i have never grown poppies in my life. never even thought about it as i wouldn't have thought it would be possible to get the seeds. are you sure you got the right seeds ?
    where from ? legaly ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i have never grown poppies in my life. never even thought about it as i wouldn't have thought it would be possible to get the seeds. are you sure you got the right seeds ?
    where from ? legaly ?
    you can get em legally [i think]
    not much help but hey. go on some garden centre websites or something.
    Duffy
  • Options
    where from ? legaly ?

Yah ya can get opium poppy seeds from some garden centers and order them online, and they're 100% legal until you start to grow 100 acre patches of them and start to slit the pods lol then people start to call the police :D Some people a few doors up from me had a cople growing in their front garden lol
  • Options
    you can get them from any garden centre.I had a few in my garden at one point and they are lovely plants. theyre completely legal as slayer pantera says.
  • Options
    er.

y do u wanna grow that shit n e way ? ? ?
  • Options
    well I grew them cos they were pretty, I cant speak for anyone else though.
  • Options
    Re: er.
    Originally posted by Ac1d
    y do u wanna grow that shit n e way ? ? ?

Cause they're pretty and when they're not you can get high from them :D
  • Options
    this thread has ANNOYED me now. all those years and it never dawned on me that i could have aquired poppy seeds. opium poppy seeds.
    all those years i could have been growing my very own opium.
    sob....to late now as i'm not into opiates anymore.......but all those years, missed out on......what a sickener. i was into anything and everything....missed that one. gutted.
  • Options
    this thread has ANNOYED me now. all those years and it never dawned on me that i could have aquired poppy seeds. opium poppy seeds.
    all those years i could have been growing my very own opium.
    sob....to late now as i'm not into opiates anymore.......but all those years, missed out on......what a sickener. i was into anything and everything....missed that one. gutted.

Haha :p lol *hides before she gets badly hurt by an annoyed mroll*
  • Options
    You would need a good lighting system to make sure the heads bleed properly and therefore you would be able to get the resin. I think it would cost you a fortune in strong lights and power before you could get anywhere near a smokable product.
  • Options
    And ya godda make sure that you dont cut the pods too deep, or whatever, or else they bugger up :rolleyes: stupid plants.
  • Options
    you dont have to make a smokeable product, you can make tea from the heads, although its not really the same, and not really a sellable product. plus it tastes rank
  • Options
    It just sounds a lot of hassle for something that isnt going to be great at the end, if you want an opiate there are a lot on the market and they've never been cheeper.
  • Options
    Well, i'm not out to sell anything, just fancied growing something a bit different and trying something different. I doubt it can really be that difficult, I've read a bit about it and all ready have a system that I used to grow weed in. Just thought it'd be a bit of fun.....I mean...why not?
  • Options
    cuz

..er Thats main Ingredient in Heroin ?? O r is it not!
  • Options
    It is indeed wot u need to make heroin, tho I'm not intending to make that, just want to give life to some beautiful plants, besides i'm not planning large scale production...just a few plants will do....I just want to float away and enjoy..........
  • Options
    Originally posted by White Rabbit
    It is indeed wot u need to make heroin, tho I'm not intending to make that, just want to give life to some beautiful plants, besides i'm not planning large scale production...just a few plants will do....I just want to float away and enjoy..........

i wondered lonely as a cloud........