Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

help, need it quick please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my girl friend thinks she is preggers but is only a few days late, how many days can u be late and not be pregnant.?

Comments

• Options
    there is no definate answer (take a piss test) (this is my gfs advice not mine!!!!!)
  • Options
    no i mean how late can u be?
  • Options
    How old is your girlfriend? Younger girls take longer for their periods to settle in to a regular pattern, and it's possible that older girls can also have this difficulty.

There are literally hundreds of threads on this topic on the site, so do a quick search. If you look in the Sex forum (oddly, that's the best place to look for this kind of question), then I think that the top of board information sheet will have links.
  • Options
    you can be as late as you want. i, personally, have skipped one here and there, or skipped up to 4 months of one. things that a person is doing can hinder a period. for example, starting a vigours work-out habbit can make you skip them, stress, something exciting such as a large vacation, just because a person skipped one or is late doesn't necessarly mean they are pregnant. like S said, take the piss test.
  • Options
    You can be weeks or months late without being pregnant, your periods can be affected by lots of things but the only way to know is to take a test so it'll be worth doing just to put your mind at rest so that you know either way. Hope things turn out ok for you both. xx.
  • Options
    Factsheet for you:

are you pregnant?
  • Options
    You should just get a prenancy test. They're free on the NHS i think.
  • Options
    Well...you can get a test free on the NHS as long as you go to the doctor and leave a piss sample and wait for them to get back to you...a pregnancy testing Kit can be got from the shops and can give you an almostimmediate answer!
  • Options
    you don't have to leave a sample and wait for them to get back to you, my doctor does them when you're there.
  • Options
    well things have changed since my day!!