Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anti-period

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
No, this isnt another topic all about period pains and how it is different for eveyone etc...

My girlfriend said you could get this nipple (I think that's what she called it) that goes into the anus and stop periods. She says it doesn't affect baby making, is perfectly healthy and doesn't involve going under the knife.

I am very worried tho because she really wants to find out about it because she has really bad period pains. I would have thought menstruation isn't just about the ovulation etc, that it was an essential part of hygiene as well..that is flushes impurities and bacteria out as well..

...any body know about this? cost? bad affects? long terms bad affects? side affects? what it involves? how it works? links? help?

Comments

• Options
    there is no such thing, your girlfriend is mad.
  • Options
    HAHA! your so nice n sensitive bout my girlfriend!!

weeeell..she is from Essex, and I didn't think it was Biologically possible, anyway. Anybody else?
  • Options
    I've tried loads of different things to stop my periods and have never heard of this. She's lost it mate.
  • Options
    haha! oright ppl, she is a bit crackers but that's part of why I love her. So..anybody know any other methods?
  • Options
    Any other methods? I don't understand. Please explain.
  • Options
    ohright...

Samantha doesn't really mind the menstruations themselves..just the pains. She get's them really bad for 2 days. Other then next to OD'ing aspirin, is there any other way to help numb the pain?
  • Options
    Vibrating tampon

Well, I did find this site about something new: a vibrating tampon to stop period pains www.vipon.com
    I am sure it is a serious invention coz I heard of it on the mum site www.mum.org/news.htm
    Do you think it is a good idea --- or not????????
  • Options
    i think that sounds crazy personally. (the nipple AND the vibrating tampon!)
    I would suggest for your girlfriend to go down to her doctors and ask for some form of medication - i have cripplingly bad period pains, and i take a quite strong painkiller that my doctor prescribes for me. It's also worth getting checked out in case there's another cause of her bad period pains, not just regular stuff.
  • Options
    You can get tablets from the doctor to stop periods, but this is a short term thing. Say if you were going on holiday she could take the tablets so she wouldnt have a period while you were away

Feminax are tablets you can buy over the counter at chemists. These are very effective for period pains and all the aches and pains. I use these a lot and they do work:)
  • Options
    You can get a range of medications to stop your periods:

* you can take the pill 3 packs back-to-back
    * progestogens which is what Beckyboo is referring to
    * GnRH agonists which put your body into a false state of menopause, used for up to a year
    * Androgens - basically testosterone-like stuff that makes your body think you're a man

These last two have awful side effects (believe me!) and are used to treat endometriosis. It would be worth her speaking to her doc about it - it causes horrendous period pain. Go to www.endo.org.uk for more info.

She should speak to her doctor about prescribing her some painkillers if its that bad. Aspirin doesn't do anything.
  • Options
    Painful periods can be an indication of other problems. See here for more info. Your girlfriend should discuss treatment with her GP rather than trying any old quack solution.

As other users have said there are pills and injections that can stop periods for a while, but again she should discuss them with her GP.

Susie :)
  • Options
    It might be worth her seeing her G.P just to check there's no underlying problem. Also as I've said on one or two other threads I've found homoeopathy very helpful for period pains so seeing a homoeopath might be something else for her to consider. Hope she manages to get things sorted. xx.