Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Flu jab

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok i went to the doctors yesterday & while i was there he asked if i had had a flu jab & i said no, so he gave me one.

My question is, on the tv they say for everyone over 65 or in"At risk" groups should have one, What do they class as at risk groups? Anyone know?

:confused:

Comments

• Options
    I know people with bad asthma who have flu jabs, could it be something like that?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Karla
    I know people with bad asthma who have flu jabs, could it be something like that?

I have an underactive thyroid, i guess it could be that. Just wondered if it was because of my problems or if it was my age etc?
  • Options
    I am asthmatic and get the flu jab, it can be dangerous to have flu if you have breathing difficulties. Many doctors will give it to people who ask with any small reason.
  • Options
    yeah, i get the flu jab because i have ME and a weakned immune system because of it.
  • Options
    Hey ive got asthma! why havent i got a flu jab? :( i feel left out
  • Options
    While I was in the London Underground last weekend, I saw an advertisement about flu jabs. Aparently you can drop into *insert place name* and 'grab a jab' for £15, no questions asked.

I remember the locations being around main, central London train stations, tho. Oxford Circus being one of them...
  • Options
    You can get it in ASDA but I wouldn't feel happy about paying £15 to get jabbed with a needle by a London tube station.
  • Options
    PS You have to ask to get a flu jab, they cost money and they don't just hand them out!
  • Options
    I just got mine....my arm hurts so much....anyone up for some sympathy?? :(
  • Options
    It does hurt a bit and can give you a bit of flu but it's better than getting proper flu, so sorry, no sympathy from me!
  • Options
    Originally posted by PussyKatty
    It does hurt a bit and can give you a bit of flu but it's better than getting proper flu, so sorry, no sympathy from me!

*still has the bruise to prove it hurt* Comes nothing near giving blood through your hand though.:nervous:

Ah you can can a little bit of sympathy i guess.:D