Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

15 and 22...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya i posted a while ago in chaos's post about my best mate being 15 now and being engaged to a 22year old.
They have a 6month old daughter and she is expecting another in March i think it is. I have always thought she was mad for doing this! i was just wondering what u lot all thought about this?

Comments

• Options
    She is 15, has a 6 month old daughter and is expecting another one...... Did her mum not intervene when she realised her boyfriend was 22 and they were obviously having unprotected sex......??

I think thats a bit sick really that a 22 year old man has to prey on a 15 year old girl. I know a girl that was going out with a 24 or 25 year old and were sleeping together, I thought that was just as sick.
  • Options
    Ok if she was 16 it'd still be bad but not as bad as 15. Whats she gonna do if they break up? She aint even old enough to work full time yet.
  • Options
    Re: 15 and 22...
    Originally posted by sexy_manchester_babe
    Hiya i posted a while ago in chaos's post about my best mate being 15 now and being engaged to a 22year old.
    They have a 6month old daughter and she is expecting another in March i think it is. I have always thought she was mad for doing this! i was just wondering what u lot all thought about this?

WHAT?!?!
    I thought the thread was about them dating, but actually expecting their second child? *shocked*
    I don't get how it is possible? Why would a young girl commit to babies at such a young age, when she should be studying?

Has the world gone insane, or is it just me? *sigh*
  • Options
    you already know what i think
  • Options
    There's not much you can really add to this thread really is there...it's just really sad. That poor girl. :(
  • Options
    The guy should be castrated and thrown in prison, the girl should be slapped stupid and told to grow up, they shouldn't be engaged, and how much will she like being a single parent?
  • Options
    Oh my god is all I can say!! What is this world coming to! :eek:
  • Options
    Yes it's bad. Unfortunately it's a lot more common these days. Atleast he is still with her, supporting her even if she is only 15. If she had to cope on her own at that age it would be a totally different story..
  • Options
    Well I'm absolutely Shocked :eek:

I'm afraid this poor girl has thrown her life away, if she's only 15 she hasn't even doen her GCSE's yet! I know that qualifications aren't everything but come on!

What on earth is this bloke thinking?

The girl is not completely innocent at surely of the age of 15 you know the consequences?

I'm absolutely shocked to be honest, my views my seem over the top and some or *most* people will slate me and slag me off. But this secenario happens time and time again, the bloke will bugger off, the mother can't support her self so she relies on the state. i.e. you and I . We pay for the pair's mistake (s) in the end. :mad:

I think it's a disgrace, ok I'm being selfish but I know other people who think the same, whether they admit it is another sotry but surely people can see where I'm coming from ?
  • Options
    Second child?

I thought this country had laws against paedophilia.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle
    The guy should be castrated and thrown in prison, the girl should be slapped stupid and told to grow up, they shouldn't be engaged, and how much will she like being a single parent?

I agree with turtle, that fella should be locked up and done for child abusing. Were the hell is the girls parents? its a sad day when a 15 year old girl has 2 children!
  • Options
    just a thing here on her parents, They have no say in it, my mate and her fiancee have been together for 2 yearz i think or something like that and my m8 moved outta her parents house when she was 4months preg with her first baby. I agree with a lot of you here it is a bit sick and stuff but my mate loves this guy no one can stop her, or him for that matter.
  • Options
    erm i'm missing the point but surely if you're under 16 you're still classed as a minor and your parents are responsible for you. I wasn't aware that 14 yr olds could just turn round and say f*** u i'm moving out?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Carolina
    erm i'm missing the point but surely if you're under 16 you're still classed as a minor and your parents are responsible for you. I wasn't aware that 14 yr olds could just turn round and say f*** u i'm moving out?

well she did, i think its her parents tho they have no control over her, her mum had her when she was young aswell
  • Options
    that is just so sad.
  • Options
    just a thing here on her parents, They have no say in it, my mate and her fiancee have been together for 2 yearz i think or something like that and my m8 moved outta her parents house when she was 4months preg with her first baby. I agree with a lot of you here it is a bit sick and stuff but my mate loves this guy no one can stop her, or him for that matter.

You mean they started going out when she was 13 and he was 20?
    That is just completely FUBAR, eurgh, sick bastard.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Carolina

I'm not 100% on the law (and I am open to corrections), but I think the case is that if she moves out, the parents can't use the police to get her back, unless they feel that she is in danger or if the girl makes a complaint herself. Sad, but this is unfortunately the why the world works.
  • Options
    How rough and common.
  • Options
    This is just.... horrible. I feel so sorry for the poor girl and wish I could do something, which I can't. :(
  • Options
    no one can stop her, or him for that matter.

I'm sure that if the Police became aware, they would find a way.

and I'm sure you "mate's" boyf would just love Strangeways.
  • Options
    Not good...

I posted one of last posts on the 'I know this.... age blah blah' thread which was one of the reasons that S_M_B started this thread...

Basically - the girl can't be forced to stay with her parents, which would be impossible to do to be honest...

The situation is complicated. I for one think that lad should be locked up. 13 and 20 - that is just unbelievable... :mad: *BUT*, if the lad were to be reported for his past, present and future crimes (by this I obviously mean sleeping with a minor in the past, present and future - at least until she is 16...), he would certainly be prosecuted - most likely 'banged up'... But this would leave the girly with 2 kids, no career prospects (unless having possibly the rep for being particularly dodgy could be considered a career :confused:) and basically no life or 'future'.

It confuses the hell out of me about these teenage pregnancy situations... More often than not - the male involved is older than the female, in fact, the male is 'normally' over 16 and so is able to be prosecuted. But - very few seem to be prosecuted... Why?

Basically - would you rather the girl stay by herself with the child whilst the chap is staying at her majesties pleasure... Or would you rather the lad faced up to his responsibilities and 'played the father'? In most of the cases that I know personally, the mother is no longer with the father and has nothing to do with them... Not ideal, but if the pregnancy was not (which is most likely the case) planned then neither of them were really ready to accept the responsibility of having a child. Fair enough. At 13, how many people are?! I know this is a rash generalisation, but unfortunately it bugs me. If you are going to have sex then you should at least have thought of the consequences...

I know this post has kind of lost its point, (alcohol + too many thoughts don't mix too well) but you get my drift.

Difficult situation.

Difficult world.

Bollocks to it...

Paedophiles... :mad:
  • Options
    Slight mistake

"unless having possibly the rep for being particularly dodgy could be considered a career :confused and basically no life or 'future'"

The smiley in there was - which I hope is clear - supposed to be a confused one, not a smiley smiley...

I do not think this situation is amusing in the slightest...

G.
  • Options
    The child (and the new one as soon as it is born) should be taken into local authority care, as niether of the 'parents' are fit to look after them....the so-called father should be jailed for having sex with a child.
    He is a paedophile, and as such, should never see freedom again.

There must be some law that would get the girls parents convicted of neglect also?
  • Options
    I agree with 10 bellies. I think the only way children who have babies should be allowed to keep their babies, is if they have full support of their families who will be able to help with the bringing up of the baby. theres no way the girl should have been allowed to keep her first baby at 13 if she wasnt even living at home. shes still a baby herself.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

I'm sure that if the Police became aware, they would find a way.

and I'm sure you "mate's" boyf would just love Strangeways.

u trana sey im talking about myself here?!? i dont think so! im just concerned about my m8 avin a second kid really.