Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

feeling left out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone :) .

before I start just like to say a BIG HELLO as i'm a newbie here.

Right then to the point.......

Is anyone else here doing the old dreaded long distance relationship thing????

I am, my bloke (of 7yrs) has just left me again to go back to uni (2nd yr) and i'm feeling all lonely and deserted again.... i hate the way once he's gone i feel like i've gone from being the most important thing in his life to about number 467 down the list.

Does anyone else feel like this??? I know he trys.. he sends me a txt everynight for me to wake up to and phones me in his spare minutes just to tell me he still loves me but i just feel like a nuisence all the time and a chore for him.

Does anyone else feel like this and have any tips/hints to help me not feel soo down.

Comments

• Options
    Just focus on how much he cares about you. You say that as soon as he goes away you think you go down in his list of priorities, but from the amount of texts and phone calls you say he gives you, I'd say he cares a lot.

Evidently he loves you very much, and is probably devoting much more time to making sure you know he hasn't forgotten about you than the average male away from home!

Just don't think about it too much, he won't be at university all his life - and when he's finished I'm sure you can think of plenty of ways for him to make it up to you! :D

:)
  • Options
    thanks shukes you've cheered me up a bit tonight:)
    i know he does love me but i surpose i can't help feeling sorry for myself as it hurts knowing he's got his own life somewhere else that doesn't really envolve me anymore. anyways i try keep thinking about the positive things :)
  • Options
    Glad to have been of some help :)

And good for you hun, make sure you're confident of how much he loves you, but try to cheer yourself up on you're own and with friends without him - me thinks someone needs a girlie night in with ya mates! :D
  • Options
    Hiya, Icklestar! Firstly of all, before you get all depressed, just think - you've managed this for over one year, which is good by anyone's standards, and he is keeping in touch while he's away, so you're blatantly a lot further up the list than no. 467. And that you've managed to weather out the difficulties of a long distance relationship like this can only be a good sign for the future.

But I know very well where you're coming from. I'm currently also in a long distance relationship, and out of the 1 1\2 years that we've been together, we've only spent 3 months living in the same town (and that was broken up by the Easter holidays), as I met him at uni, shortly before he graduated. We've also weathered it out through visits, phone calls and texts, and we seem to manage ok and I love him as much as ever. However, it can sometimes be difficult knowing that he has a whole different life in London, and that I've not met most of his friends at home, and I wish so much that I could share all of it with him. But I just have to think, only 2 more years to go until I graduate...(and it's probably only one in your boyfriend's case, isn't it?)

And also, remember, he's probably feeling just as strange that he's not in your life when he's at uni. I know certainly that my boyfriend is finding it difficult to comprehend that I'm in Germany with all my new flatmates and people.

Remember, think positively, look forward to his (or your) next visit, and remember the good times of the last one. It's not so impossible to keep it going, when you want it enough

:thumb:
  • Options
    I know exactly how you feel. My boyfriend of 11months went away to uni last week.. As this has been his freshers week he has spent every day sorting out uni stuff and every nite clubbing, leaving not much time to talk to me. This week i have felt very lonely and completely left out of his new life. It has been very difficult and we wont be able to see each other much because of the distance.

I have found that keeping myself busy and going out with friends helps. Also quick telephone calls whenever possible really cheers me up.

Hope you are coping ok. Keep smiling. :)