Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

British Government should clean up its own mess b4 getting saddam

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this will probably get taken off and i'll get banned or something but the british government sucks ass. NOW I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST ENGLISH PEOPLE b4 u take me up wrong. I am from Ireland and am currently living in the North and its fairly fucked up, there are areas i would get shot in just 4 the fact that i am irish.
tony blair is jumping on Bushes band wagon and running after saddam but he should sort out northern ireland b4 he goes and plays toy soldiers wit his american counterpart.

what do think is more important trying to sort out 800 years of bulshit in ireland or kills loads of iraqis who have done fuck all to ur nation.

Comments

• Options
    Sodam Insane and his al-Qaeda friends dump a load of smallpox and the last thing you'll worry about is the last 800 years..

Your mind will only care about seeing tomorrow.
  • Options
    How exactly would you suggest that Blair sort out northern Ireland?

Why must it be an either or situation? Its quite obvious that a military solution in NI will not work so that frees up the UK forces for something else. Our government is big enough to be able to do more than one thing at once.
  • Options
    military action.what r u talkin about bald dog.
    military action on who the nationalist or the loyalist?
    i never mentioned military action!you certainly dont have a clue about the situation here.

if blair put all his time and resources into NI he could sort it out.first of all pull out completely of NI and let UN peace keepers to police the area both sides should have no problem dealing with the UN.

do you know how much NI costs ur Gov. every year??there is an army helicopter hoovering over my area nearly 24/7 i have been told it costs 1 grand an hour to keep it up there.

anyway why go after saddam when your country sells him coventual weapons.
  • Options
    Wow...you might wanna try reading what I wrote mate...I said that military action would not work...I asked whether that was what you were suggesting in your first post. You act as though nothing is going on. In case you missed it, the peace process is still running, it just takes time.

UN peacekeepers? Are you serious? When you say pull out of NI completely, I assume you mean the British army right? Give it time and the British troops will be withdrawn. If this process is rushed then it will fall apart.

The UK sells Saddam weapons? Please provide evidence of that claim.
  • Options
    Ever considered that perhaps the Irish could help themselves a little here? Perhaps if a few more people stood up to the extremists then things would improve a little more.

Who teaches the children hatred?
  • Options
    stand up to the extremeists...

Easier said than done, when the extremists all have guns.

Whatsdacraic : You may want to calm down a little. read what people say and don't jumop to conclussions. Be very sure before you tell some-one that does not have a clue about something.

Incedentally i agree with the sentiment, we should be putting more effort into home affairs (not nessicarily ireland) before we start any wars.
  • Options
    Originally posted by cokephreak

Guns don't grown on tress, just as those who use them aren't born, they are created.

The Terrorist groups are support by a number of the population, but they are outweighed by the majority, instead of sitting quietly perhaps a little more standing up to be counted would help. Things like the women's peace march we good from that perspective.

At the moment Irish politics is dominated by hate, that needs to change...
  • Options
    Originally posted by cokephreak
    stand up to the extremeists...

That's what happens when you disarm the law-abiding public... ;)
  • Options
    And what country would the UN peacekeepers come from.....
    Most likely england, maybe the republic of Ireland.

As far as I, and most other people in the UK are concerned, the threat of destruction via the hands of some sort of plague is more of an immediate diversion, don't you think?
  • Options
    Do you know what ignorant english people. come over here to belfast and i'll show you who the "terrorists" are the fucking police. Members of my family have been killed because the so called police and he crowned forces liased with loyalist terrorists.

I dont give a fuck abot Saddam i hope he fucking bombs england(and i dont give a fuck if he bombs here 2, people are dieing here anyway) and kills innocent lifes coz then u know how i feel. sure when everything is taken away from you might be able to relate to me.

and yeah Un peace keepers from the Republic of I. and england would be fine, i can't see them them firing plastic bullets killing young children or shooting cicl rights marchers.

why the fuck would iraq attack England anyway is it because he knows u r bigger wankers than the americans!
  • Options
    Impressive, with one single post you have proven yourself a completely ignorant, childish moron.

Thank christ that people like you never get into positions of power.
  • Options
    I still say "easier said than done" when it comes to standing up to extremists.

Admitedly, doing it will have an effect and saying it wont, so its probably worth the extra effort.

And no, i don't consider this a good reason to allow the general population to arm itself.
    I've got a story about this, but it can wait until its relevent to the topic.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whatsdacraic
    crowned forces liased with loyalist terrorists.

Un peace keepers from the Republic of I. and england would be fine, i can't see them them firing plastic bullets killing young children or shooting cicl rights marchers.

So where do you think the crowned forces come from then dickhead, or don't you realise that British Forces may include one or two Englishmen.

Now, what was I saying about "dominated by hate"