Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Making the Move

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello again folks!

Once again, I got another little something which I would like people's views.

As some of you may know, I'm now a college boy (As I mentioned it in my last thread). I'm slowly but surely settling in and I'm now in my 3rd week there. I've got chatting to a few girls, some I know from Primary school, some who were strangers. I've got talking to one girl that I haven't talked to properly since Primary as we went to different high schools. I was surprised at myself how easy it was to just fire away chatting and catching up on stuff, as I'm not very good with girls.

It was only yesterday when we found out we had a free period at the same time. There wasn't anything to do in the college so I just asked her like I would ask one of my mates if she fancied coming back to mine (I needed to go back anyway to pick some books up). She said alright. So I just had a brew when we got back and had more of a chat. I was again a little surprised at how easy it was for both of us to talk to each other after a proper 5 year break of never even seeing each other in town. The problem is now I want to see her again personally. I know its still a bit early and my brother has said just be a mate, but I'm one of the guys who sees it as, I' m a mate, she meets a guy and hooks up with him. She's a good looking girl and also a very smart girl. I'm also one of the guys who doesn't have the confidence to ask a girl out, even when it's just as a mate.

What do u folks think of this. Tell us what you think's best

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    I say just go for it, ask her out for a drink or something just so you can get to know each other a little more, you only live once! (oh and let us know how it goes if you do ok):D :thumb:
  • Options
    Hmmmm, if I was you (which obviously I'm not) then I'd give it time, let things go slowly. If you've just started college, then chances are you'll be seeing her around for quite a while to come, so I'd take it slowly and let things develop.

Or you could just go with Angel's advice and go for it.

It's completely up to you mate :D
  • Options
    I'd go for it, but in a very subtle manner. Ask her if she'd like to go for a drink or something like that. Nothing too formal, you don't want to frighten the poor girl! Take it slowly, and before you know it she'll be putty in your hands.

Glad to hear you're settling into college well, hope you continue to be cool with it and enjoy yourself.

Ah yes, and before I forget...

*cough*brianwherethehellhaveyoubeen*cough

:D
  • Options
    lol tash thought it was something I said - when I first started postin, brian was on every thread, all the time, n then he just dissappeared! welcome back :D