Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tenacious D

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I was just wondering what everyone thought of Tenacious D.

I've heard their song 'tribute' cos it's always on kerrang, but thats it. I personally think that particular song isn't that good but the video is class. :D

Rock oooooooon!!! :cool:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    'Be you angels?'
    'and I said NAY, we are but men. ROCK.'
    lol it's a great video.
  • Options
    I have the album. They aren't meant to be taken seriously, although Kyle Gass is an excellent guitarist. They're just doing it for a laugh because some people take music far too seriously!

I really like they're new one 'Wonderboy' because it has some brill riffs!
  • Options
    I think you must have missed my WOOOOOOOOOO TENACIOUS D!!! stage then...:D
  • Options
    I do really quite like tenacious d.
    All of there videos are on kerrang. kerrang are new reshowing there first video 'wonderboy'. the over showen tribute (it is still a great song/video) It has been in the top spot for 8 weeks now and not forgetting the orignal 2 weeks when it was originally released, and the X rated video fuck her gently which i think is the best video they have it is quite funny. I have also heard that they have a concert some time in the next few months in london.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    They aren't meant to be taken seriously

i would love to see the person who thinks they are a serious band, have to be pretty thick, its Jack Black for damn's sake
  • Options
    they are a bit of a joke really.i bet there are some sad bastards that take them seriously:eek:
  • Options
    Teehee. "Fuck her slowly". GRRRRRRREAT song. Tribute ain't bad either.

And I love their cameo in the "Learn to Fly" vid.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle

A favour which Dave Grohl returned by playing the demon in the "Tribute" vid...

From what I've heard they are musically very good too, but then I grew up in the same generation, so I understand many of the unspoken jokes in the songs... Tribute is in classic late 70s/early 80s rock style
  • Options
    I wangled a free ticket to see them at the Astoria - absolutely fabulous. Very funny & much better than the album. I'd definitely recomend seeing them (they're in Brixton on the 3rd November btw)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle

I love that Video. However, I am always slightly disturbed by how good Taylor Hawkins is as a woman!
  • Options
    Tenacious D are sooooooo funny :D

This is not the greatest song in the world no, this is just a tribute, couldn't remember the greatest song in the world, this is a tribute :D
  • Options
    However, I am always slightly disturbed by how good Taylor Hawkins is as a woman!

You should meet my friend Jason then :eek: :crazyeyes
  • Options

I love that Video. However, I am always slightly disturbed by how good Taylor Hawkins is as a woman!
    If you've seen the video for "Everlong" by the foo's you'll notice that Taylor has a great tendancy to dress up as women, they must know something we dont!

I just want to add that the video for everlong is pure genius, Evil dead rules:p
  • Options
    this message will actually involve me talking about the D. I seen them live in Dublin and i must say that jack black is fuckign hilarious, and the music was also very good.

I also know someone who thinks theyre supposed to be taking serious, its a sad sad day when you have idiots around you!