Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tedious Links

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
If anyone listens to Chris Moyles at around 5.30 will know what i'm on about. For those of you that don't, basicly its a feature used on the show to play their favourite records, using very vague links in the process.

I'll start off with an example...

Coldplay - Yellow,

Yellow is a colour in the Rainbow. Rainbow was a classic kids TV show. Rod, Jane and Freddie used to appear on Rainbow. Freddie was the first name of singer Freddie Mercury. Freddie Mercury was the lead singer of the band Queen. Queen Elizabeth II is the Queen of the United Kingdom. Gulliver’s Kingdom is a tame theme park in Derbyshire. Jane Derbyshire is a presenter on BBC Radio Five Live. Going Live was a programme broadcast on Saturday mornings. Mornings are of course AM. Melody AM is the abum by Royksopp. So Easy is a song off the album Melody AM. Easy Rider is a classic film from 1969. Rider is also the surname of Shaun Rider. Shaun Rider was also the lead singer for the Happy Mondays, which brings me neatly to.....

Happy Mondays - Step On

*breaths*

So, where to go from here? Can anyone think up a tedious link to there favourite song?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Jordan has named her son Harvey. Harvey is a member of So Solid Crew. They had a number one hit in 2001, as did Britney Spears. She used to go out with Justin Timberlake who is a member of N'Sync. They did a song with Nelly....

Which brings me to Nelly ft. Kelly Rowland... Dilemma

Well, it was the best I could do :p
  • Options
    Pathetic! ;) Where the hell did that link from the Happy Mondays? Ok very well, i'll let you off this time. Only once though! :p

So can anyone tediously link, Nelly ft. Kelly Rowland - Dilemma, to a favourite song of theirs? Using only the power of tedium. :D
  • Options
    Try this for size:

Roland (different spelling obv.) was a famous television rat. Rats are often found in The Streets. The Streets is also the name of a group, whose lead singer is called Mike Skinner. Mike Skinner is also the name of a NASCAR racer. NASCAR is a popular sport in the USA. Another popular sport in the USA is baseball. Baseball involves the pitching of a ball. Balls can also be called spheres. Music of the spheres is the name of an Ian Brown album. This takes you to:

Ian Brown - F.E.A.R.

I may have cheated a little, by using phrases instead of single words.
  • Options
    Ian Brown - Fear... Ian was an ACTOR in eastenders...ACTORS often WORK in pubs... WORK earns you MONEY... MONEY was a GOOD song by pink floyd... and a favourite song of mine is GOOD time boys, by rhcp.

I told you it would be crap
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mindless all the way
    Ian Brown - Fear... Ian was an ACTOR in eastenders...ACTORS often WORK in pubs... WORK earns you MONEY... MONEY was a GOOD song by pink floyd... and a favourite song of mine is GOOD time boys, by rhcp.

I told you it would be crap

Doesn't work. Ian is a character, not an actor.
  • Options
    Squat Tom, you've got the right idea. Mindless, very poor :p

So then, Good Time Boys - RHCP

The opposite of good is bad. Bad was a hit album for Micheal Jackson. Micheal Jackson has a monkey called Bubbles. Bubbles are round. Roundabouts are also Round. Roundabouts are there to relieve traffic congestion. Congestion rhymes with indigestion. Rennie tablets can be taken to relieve indigestion. Rennie was also a character from the BBC sitcom 'Allo 'Allo. 'Allo 'Allo was set in France. The group Air are also from France. Which leads me quite effortlessly to.....

Air - All I Need
  • Options
    Air contains oxygen... oxygen is what we need to breathe... breathe is a song by prodigy (don't worry... i won't end there)... another song by the prodigy is firestarter... you can buy firestarters in shops... Coffee Shop, by the red hot chili peppers is a favourite song of mine.

Better?
  • Options
    One chain of coffee shops is starbucks. Starbucks is also the name of a song by A. A is the first letter of the English alphabet. Another type of alphabet is morse code. Inspector Morse was based in Oxford. Oxford is the home of Supergrass...

Supergrass - Grace
  • Options
    Will and Grace is a show on Channel 4. The Channel Tunnel connects Britain and France. Britain and France are part of Europe. Europe is a Continent. Africa is also a Continent. Jungles can be found in Africa. Jungle is a type of dance music. The drug Ecstasy is affiliated with dance music. Ecstasy is often called E. E is the 5th letter of the alphabet. Liverpool are currantly 5th in the Premier League. The Beatles are of course famously from Liverpool, which leads to....

The Beatles - Lucy in the sky with Diamonds
  • Options
    Lucy Liu was in the film Charlie's Angels. Charlie is a slang term for cocaine. Cocaine was frequently mentioned in the QOTSA song Feel Good Hit Of The Summer. QOTSAs drummer is currently Dave Grohl. Dave Grohl was also the drummer in Nirvana. The band that is currently being touted as the new Nirvana is The Vines. SO...

The Vines - Get Free

(God, that was really tenious!)
  • Options
    ok ok, first attempt, please dont' get mad, it will suck i am warning you

free

free for all is sung by ted nugent,
    ted nugent is a song by goldfinger
    goldfinger toured with autopilot off
    autopilot off was at the warped tour
    anti-flag was at the warped tour
    fave song is...