Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

cannabis cafe

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
man arrested, cannais cafe owner, more in a bit just watchin it on news

Comments

• Options
    u never told us abt all that stuff to do with the owner of the dutch experience in stockport spliffy!
    i demand a write up! :D
    Duffy
  • Options
    Not a lot to report, the Crown Court cases have finally started, but it's going to be at least 2 or 3 weeks before there's much to report.

I've chased the DE crew for up to date info, but they are a bit slow (bloody stoners), but as I say not much to report anyway.

The Crown's case is likely to last well into next week, before the defence even starts.
  • Options
    18 grands worth of bud :eek:
    imagine getting caught with that :D
    Duffy
  • Options
    Originally posted by duffy_2k
    18 grands worth of bud :eek:
    imagine getting caught with that :D
    Duffy

NEVER believe figures quoted by the Crown/media - the defence will see that figure reduced.

Certainley from what I know of the raids in question, it was nothing like that amount. I work that out at £160 oz retail price to be just over 3kg - a lot less than 23 pillow cases full:)

I think only about 1.5 to 2kg was found on all the raids, at wholesale you can get it down to £80 to £100 an oz, so say; £5-6,000.

One side builds a case - the other knocks it down:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by WHSpliff.net

NEVER believe figures quoted by the Crown/media - the defence will see that figure reduced.

Certainley from what I know of the raids in question, it was nothing like that amount. I work that out at £160 oz retail price to be just over 3kg - a lot less than 23 pillow cases full:)

I think only about 1.5 to 2kg was found on all the raids, at wholesale you can get it down to £80 to £100 an oz, so say; £5-6,000.

One si

de builds a case - the other knocks it down:D

i am seriosly celebratingly stooond at the moment and will comment
    as for the the piullow cases..they aint ayt my gaff your onour.
    but i wiil asay finaly that yes there fiull. full, .
  • Options
    I was going to a report on the DE case, but this one just about covers it, but with two notes:

1 - Colin does NOT suffer from MS, it's his chronic back pain that makes him a medical users.

2 – Charges concerning the importation of the packages at Dover I’ve been told were dropped, they seem just to be mentioning it, but the defence will be claiming it was a ‘donation’ from a generous supporter of Colin’s MMCO (Medical Marijuana Co-Op)

The Telegraph

Coffee shop man 'smoked cannabis' during raid

14th September 2002

By Nigel Bunyan

A man who opened an Amsterdam-style coffee shop smoked cannabis in front of police officers carrying out a raid, a court was told yesterday.

Mr Davies, a multiple sclerosis sufferer, is led away by police officers
    Colin Davies, 44, was initially in a state of "high agitation" when officers arrived at the Dutch Experience cafe in Stockport, Greater Manchester, last September.

But he subsequently relaxed and gave the police permission to search the premises. Davies, who at the launch of his cafe claimed to be supplying cannabis to those wanting the Class B drug for medicinal purposes, was arrested.

A search of his home revealed about 3.2oz of cannabis and re-sealable bags.

Alan Wolstenholme, prosecuting at Minshull Street Crown Court, Manchester, said customs officers at Dover later uncovered a number of packages addressed to Davies. These contained 8lb 12oz of cannabis, including more than 400 pre-prepared cannabis cigarettes. The street value of the packages was about £18,000.

Police carried out a second raid on The Dutch Experience in November. Davies was again arrested, and police found £3,000 in cash at his home.

Davies faces seven charges, including the possession of a Class B drug with intent to supply and being involved in the importation of cannabis. He denies all the charges.
  • Options
    Am i the only one who thinks (seriously) that spliffy should represent then in court? :D
    Duffy
  • Options
    I would think that the police would value skunk much higher than 60 quid an ounce, more like double that at least I would expect. I mean they always tell it as retail price, so it would be more like 20 per 1/8th = 160

Like when the bust a ton of charlie and list it as being worth ten million plus, hmmm like the bloke is going to cut the stuff to 30% then rap up into a million raps and sell each one on the street corner.
  • Options
    Just a little up-date on the Dutch Experience Crown Court case, the CPS will be wrapping-up their case today, with the defence starting on Monday.

May finish next week, more likely the following.

The Crown's witnesses haven't done well, coppers seem to be suffering short-term memory lost more than the tokers:D

The tokers arrested on the raids that had agreed to be Crown witnesses have all said they only agreed in return for a caution rather than court, all saying they only agreed to get out the cop shop! (doesn't look good for the CPS) - one went on to say he couldn't remember anything as he's smoked too much cannabis since:lol:
  • Options
    1609n02p.jpg
    Colin in a suit!

Café owner faces cannabis charges

Stockport Express Fri 20/9/02

A MAN who opened the UK's first Amsterdam-style coffee shop has gone on trial facing a number of drugs charges.

Colin Davies, 44, opened the Dutch Experience Café in Reddish in September last year.

Police raided the premises in September and arrested Mr Davies. Minshull Street Crown Court in Manchester heard a search of his Romney Towers home in Reddish, found 90kg of cannabis.

Prosecutors told the jury that later a postal package addressed to Mr Davies from Dover contained more cannabis.

A further arrest in November 2001 followed after a second raid of the Dutch Experience.

Mr Davies faces seven charges, all denied. The charges include involvement in the importation and supply of cannabis, possession of a class B drug with intent to supply and allowing property to be used for smoking cannabis.

Three further defendants - all of Stockport, each denying the allegations - face charges in connection with supplying the drug. They are Phillip Rainford, 35, of Market Place; Stephen Caveney, 47, of Risworth Close; Andrew Young, 32, of Reddish Road.

A fifth man - Robin Wright, 46, of Duncan Road, Longsight - denies allowing the café to be used for smoking cannabis while Mr Davies was in custody.
    The trial continues.
  • Options
    what i dont get is why did he smoke during the raids??? :confused:
    Duffy
  • Options
    what i dont get is why did he smoke during the raids??? :confused:
    Duffy

The simple answer – it’s a cannabis café & smoking cannabis is what you do in such a place! Besides people toked INSIDE Stockport police station to get arrested, so they weren’t going to stop in the café!

The second answer – Colin is a medical user, he needs it as confirmed by this doctor(s), so he can’t see that taking the one drug that relieves his pain can be a crime!

I’ve met a lot of people over the past 18 months since I’ve got involved in this; people that have; lost jobs; lost their homes; lost their wives & families and some that have been jailed.

Some of these only for possession (took place years ago) and others for fairly small amounts on ‘intent to supply’ a substance less harmful than legal drugs.

They have become very bitter towards the system and are prepared to take the system on – because they believe they are right and the system is wrong, and I totally agree and respect them!

I have become a lot more hard-line in the last few months, as the establishment seems to have targeted me and been trying their utmost to put me out of business – my ads are being banned or refused from publications, my bank closed my account, VW motors took me to the High Court over the T-shirt design, to mention just a few things that has been chucked at me!

But I am not one to rollover and take it; I too am coming out fighting - I am sick of the system's lies and I intend to give it a bloody good smack in the month, now I am marketing & membership officer for the Legalise Cannabis Alliance.

The one thing the LCA has always be short on is money, now that is starting to change!

Target 150 canidates at the next general election & a political broadcast across the main TV networks - min. cost £75,000 - only £73,000 to go!

(about £600pw for the next 2 1/2 years - not impossible with the plans we are drawing up)
  • Options
    my theory is that the government dont see the point in legalizing something that cant be heavily taxed, people would grow it otherwise i suppose.
    toking INSIDE the pig station??? :eek:
    when cannabis is legalized i think everyones gonna have a lot to thank you lot for :D
    which brings another question to mind: whats going to happen to the LCA after legalization?
    Duffy
  • Options
    Re-tax & growing; you can home-brew, you can grow tobacco legally - where's the different? Afterall this is LESS harmful!

Smoking inside Stockport nick, have you not read my police interview?

HERE :D:p:D

LCA after legalisation - simple; close, job done, back to a normal life - I dream of that day:D
  • Options
    Re-tax & growing; you can home-brew, you can grow tobacco legally - where's the different? Afterall this is LESS harmful!

yeah but its hard to grow tobacco and nobody likes the taste of 8 week old water now do they? :D

oh, and i liked the way you winded the officer up, why diddnt you just tell them it was a hemp skin? lol :lol:
    Duffy
  • Options
    why diddnt you just tell them it was a hemp skin? lol :lol:
    Duffy

The idea was to highlight the complete waste of police time in raiding the cafe, as each time that did, people would march on the cop shop demanding to be arrested - jamming-up cells and adding to court workloads.

It seems to have worked, as its months since the last raid.

Anyway, Colin started to give evidence in his defence, yesterday;

The Independent

By Laura Scott
    24 September 2002
    A man "put his head on the line" to open an Amsterdam-style coffee shop where seriously ill people could get cannabis to ease their pain, a court was told yesterday.

Colin Davies was charged with a string of drug offences after opening the Dutch Experience café in Stockport, Greater Manchester, last year.

The 44-year-old was arrested after smoking a joint during a police raid on the shop's opening day 12 months ago, Minshull Street Crown Court, Manchester, heard.

Mr Davies claimed the shop's purpose was to supply cannabis to those who needed the Class B drug for medicinal purposes – an idea he had after visiting coffee shops in Holland. He told the court he had set up a group, the Medical Marijuana Co-operative, through which he sold cannabis to about 200 people with illnesses such as multiple sclerosis, cancer and Aids.

"Patients" were paying about £25 for between 7g and 14g of cannabis, which had an estimated street value of between £70 and £80, he said.

Mr Davies told the court: "I had sort of taken it on to help these people. I wanted this cannabis distributed to the patients to make their life a little bit better. I have put my head on the line for these people."

Police discovered about 90g of cannabis during a search of his home in Stockport, while customs officers at Dover later intercepted parcels addressed to Mr Davies containing 4kg of the drug – worth about £18,000 and including more than 400 pre-rolled joints.

He and four other men involved in the coffee shop have gone on trial charged with drugs offences. All five men deny all the charges.

The trial continues.