Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Users

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i know cannabis isnt for everyone but some people that i go about with seem to think that alcohol is better than cannabis and they wouldnt take cannabis because its not legal. That is the only reason because he once said i wud take cannabis if it was legal.

Comments

• Options
    i hear ya on that one :rolleyes:
    spliffys taught me so much stuff though, iv changed loadsa ppls opinions on the spliff.
  • Options
    hopefully i will change his opinion on it.
  • Options
    I hate a mate that was totally anti - cannabis...we waited for the time and it eventually came...he was totally pissed one night and we persuaded him to have a 'one crumble bong' - that was the biggest stich of a bong I have ever seen! :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Maypoo
    I have a mate that was totally anti - cannabis...we waited for the time and it eventually came...he was totally pissed one night and we persuaded him to have a 'one crumble bong' - that was the biggest stich of a bong I have ever seen! :lol:

edited because of my stupidity! :eek2:
  • Options
    I'm currently in the process of trying to convince my mum n dad to try smoking, my dads been a pisshead all his life n I keep tryin to explain how weed is better than alcohol, sometimes I feel like I'm gettin somewhere but its a feckin big hill I'm climbin - anyone got any ideas on how to persuade em? they're both pretty old - 63 n 67
  • Options
    Originally posted by ObviouslyBlonde
    I'm currently in the process of trying to convince my mum n dad to try smoking, my dads been a pisshead all his life n I keep tryin to explain how weed is better than alcohol, sometimes I feel like I'm gettin somewhere but its a feckin big hill I'm climbin - anyone got any ideas on how to persuade em? they're both pretty old - 63 n 67
    sit down and have some drinks together. get the mood light and happy merry and stuff. having got them a little present. having made them believe thier brill. the more of you the merrier. roll some spliffs but dont offer any to them. they'll ask why your not passing it thier way i'm sure.
  • Options
    I drink but don't smoke cannabis. This however, has nothing to do with the legality of either of them. I've tried smoking, I didn't like it. I've tried smoking cannabis, I didn't like it. That's just a personal thing though and I have nothing against people that do smoke the stuff. As for your friend not touching cannabis because it's not legal, then even though it seems a little silly to you, I really think that you should respect their feelings.

In response to OB then I think that you could be fighting a losing battle there. If your Dad is a big drinker though then maybe cannabis could be a good thing for him. Bear in mind though most olds are a tad stuck in their ways.
  • Options
    well on friday past one of my friends who never really smoked dope b4 came over and we were smoking away and he decided to smoke so we passed the pipe to him and he smoked away.enjoyed it so there is another soul driven towards the use of cannabis.lol.he may/may not try it again.who knows?time will tell.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

sit down and have some drinks together. get the mood light and happy merry and stuff. having got them a little present. having made them believe thier brill. the more of you the merrier. roll some spliffs but dont offer any to them. they'll ask why your not passing it thier way i'm sure.

good thinkin batman..... may wait til I have my dear persuasive chum mister redeyes with me, he's far better at blaggin than I am lol
  • Options
    buy the LCA book [shamefull attempt at advertising] only 5 quid or sumthin i think, and its got all of spliffys facts in, or so i heard him say, and you know how convincing he is :D
    Duffy
  • Options
    He is indeed a great spokesperson for all things green :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by ObviouslyBlonde

good thinkin batman..... may wait til I have my dear persuasive chum mister redeyes with me, he's far better at blaggin than I am lol

Thats cos your parents think I am great !

Dunno why tho lol

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by CRAZYREDEYES

Thats cos your parents think I am great !

Dunno why tho lol

:rolleyes:

me either :D lol nahhh - tis jus cos ya walk the dog, who is sulkin severely at the mo btw!
  • Options
    one of my mates is a total beer boy and wouldn`t even have a few on a spliff or a couple of pipes, says it is scummy and ruins peoples lives!! WTF!!!

look at how many peoples lives alcohol ruins.... funny thing is he will go out and get absolutely bladdered and have a fight and maybe get arrested (he got arrested for butting a copper last week) and he doesn`t see a problem with this!!!!!!!!!!!!

try to tell him that weed calms you down and violence is the last thing you want when you are stoned.

but he thinks it sends you loopy!!!!! they just need to be properly informed, you have got all the goverment and shit saying drugs are bad but they treat every drug like smack, but as we all know there is a BIG difference.