Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A light-hearted thread....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just for a change, something a little less than serious for the weekend.........

I thought I'd stick it here as it's a good place for discussion. OK, there's a European Knight and a Japanese Samurai squaring off for a fight, who d'ya put your money on, and why??

Comments

• Options
    The Samurai. Purely on skill.
  • Options
    Also the Samurai.
    I don't know, I just imagine a Samurai being very elegant and exact with his moves. While an European knight will be a lot more rough, and raw.
    Think that the Samurais "coolness" will make him win.
    [/Thought of the day]
  • Options
    Unless of course the Samurai had to confront one of the Knights Who Say Ni! :D
  • Options
    The knight.
    The amount of armour he's wearing can atke a few knocks from the samurai, but the samurai can be taken out with one swipe of the sword.
  • Options
    Samurai swords were light enough to be wielded in one hand, and were meant for slashing attacks.
    Broad swords were a lot heavier and used for hacking and thrusting.

Whoever got the first hit in would be the winner.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Unless of course the Samurai had to confront one of the Knights Who Say Ni! :D

:D

Or the Black Knight who guards the bridge...

He'll bite your ankles
  • Options
    Samuri

a) Samuri thought fighting with Bows was honerable, where as the knight would have to call for archers.

b)The medievel knights wore lots of armour, and carried big swords, but only really exeled at telling other people to run into combat. Samuri actually did the chraging themselves

c)Have you ever seen heavy samuri armour?

d)european (straight) swords and swordsmanship (then) relied on force and weight. Katana and kenjutsu rely on pin-point strikes and deft, timed movements of body and sword.
  • Options
    In individual combat, the Samurai has the advantage, expecially in combat on foot. In mass combat, late period Knights would ride down any defense that Samurai could make without fortifications.