Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cartoons

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I grew up in love with garfield (in an entirely platonic way). I own about 15 books in all, which I still get out and read on a reasonably regular basis, although in recent years, I have become less obsessed. I am also a big fan of Gary Larsons farside cartoons, which I think are excellent... some of them never fail to put me in stiches, and I have one up on my wall - one of the funniest cartoons I have ever seen.

However, I think that the greatest one of them all has to be Calvin and Hobbes. It is, for me, a great shame that the author, Bill Watterson, retired after writing the strip fora little more than 10 years, as it had a brilliant way of looking at the world. Calvins innocent (ish) view of the world, mixed with his incredible maturity at times brings about such an excellent humour than I could (and do) read Calvin and Hobbes for hours on end. There are many deep issues tackled, but through the eyes of a 6 year old, and I think that few other artists in this genre can match the style and wit of Watterson's work.

[/obssesivness]

Any other favourites out there? :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments