Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Birmingham v Villa

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone see Peter Enckelman's cock-up?
Still, I'm a goalkeeper myself, so have to put part of the blame at Mellberg's door for throwing the ball towards the goal.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    buggar.
  • Options
    Yea it was a very bad cock up indeedy......
  • Options
    A firm candidate for the European Own Goal of the Season :lol::D
  • Options
    Re: Birmingham v Villa
    Originally posted by Matthew82

Still, I'm a goalkeeper myself

Was it you claiming to be a ref ? Christ, you must love punishment :eek:

have to put part of the blame at Mellberg's door for throwing the ball towards the goal.

Yep and the blame for the first goal must be placed at the feet of Morrison, I mean having a shot on target, the cheek of it :lol:
  • Options
    Unfortunately I didn't see the game, but nodoubt i'll see the highlights of it in the morning

I'm glad to see clinton morrison make a great start to his birmingham career... 3 goals in two games I think :)

The first birmingham derby for ages and i'm really glad villa lost, quite convincingly aswell by the sound of it
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dan_London

I'm glad to see clinton morrison make a great start to his birmingham career... 3 goals in two games I think :)

The first birmingham derby for ages and i'm really glad villa lost, quite convincingly aswell by the sound of it

Care to elaborate ? a reason for each stament would be nice :)
  • Options
    Re: Birmingham v Villa
    Anyone see Peter Enckelman's cock-up?
    Still, I'm a goalkeeper myself, so have to put part of the blame at Mellberg's door for throwing the ball towards the goal.

Typical of some goalkeepers (I'm one, well at least since I can't play on the wing anymore thanks to a knee injury...) to blame someone else.

Mellberg threw the ball to Enkleman, had he concentrated it was easy to control...
  • Options
    Re: Re: Birmingham v Villa
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

Typical of some goalkeepers (I'm one, well at least since I can't play on the wing anymore thanks to a knee injury...) to blame someone else.

Mellberg threw the ball to Enkleman, had he concentrated it was easy to control...

More pathetic was the fact that he didn't know the rules. If he'd denied touching it then there was no way the ref could have given it, because it was by no means clear he did touch it.