Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

why politics??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
it would really help me if people could reply to this, even if it does sound a bit stupid.....

why are you, personally, interested in politics? what makes it YOUR subject? and why do you think that politics is important?

i'm not asking these questions because i hate politics or don't understand why people like it, but more because I am interested in it... :)

Comments

• Options
    I only really got interested in it when I took it as an AS (currently doing the A2). I love it because there are so many varying opinions and that something happens in the world everyday which has an effect on politics. :)
  • Options
    Dont really see myself as being interested in politics but more being fascinated by the way things work and current affairs in the world today.

This stuff controls the world so its bound to be kinda cool.

Plus im too thick at everything else and this is all i know about :o
  • Options
    Politics is important because humans need to govern themselves in some fashion!!!! Politics is the 'science' (if you will) of government.

Asking why we 'need' politics is like asking why we need the study of medicine. :)
  • Options
    to know your enemy.
  • Options
    ive always been intrested in current affairs and things. Im started my AS Politics course now.:)
  • Options
    Personally I see the question the other way around. Why not be interested in Politics?

After all the affects nearly everything in your everyday life, it seem folly to me not to take an interest.
  • Options
    It's one of the few forums where you can have a good argument without the thread being closed or removed. :D

Or did you mean in general, not just on here? If so, then because everyone should try to know as much as they can about the world, and what other people know about it. Generally politics is about that, with arguing.
  • Options
    Its the discussion of rules and ethics that concern all of us in a day to day manner, and will effect our children and our childrens children.
    When people tell me they don't "do" politics I wonder if they relealise that they are letting other people run their lives.