Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The cause for US "warmongering..."

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ok, we all know that the 9/11 attacks gave Bush the greenlight he needed to divert America's attention away from his own failures domestically toward the time-tested policy of the foreign "boogeyman", however, Iraq has never been proven to have had any hand in 9/11.

So, where is the substantiated case for invading Iraq in what youve posted?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Ok, we all know that the 9/11 attacks gave Bush the greenlight he needed to divert America's attention away from his own failures domestically toward the time-tested policy of the foreign "boogeyman", however, Iraq has never been proven to have had any hand in 9/11.

So, where is the substantiated case for invading Iraq in what youve posted?

See this is the name, which made my mind go totally blank, when reading the list: Alona Avraham, 30, was from Ashdot, Israel. . She is the victim of the attacks which I knew.

I don't think that Thanatos tried to imply that Iraq is involved in the attacks (please correct me, if I am wrong T), but I think that he tried to show, that none of us, you, him, me, anyone, wants to see such a list again. None of us, want to be the one receiving the information that someone we know has died in such a tragic way.

None of us want to experience any attack which could by any means remind us of the 11th of sept. And at the moment we can't really be sure of the capacity a possible attack from our dear friend Saddam could cause. We don't want to know nor experience the actual thing.

We didn't imagine such a cruel attack from Al Queada, and I am afraid that Saddams methods could be much worse and fatal.

The list is a prove of what can happen, when not being one step ahead.
  • Options
    What about the lists we don't see Jacq? The lists of names of people - civilians - killed by US bombing? We don't see them because they're an incovenient reminder of how the US slaughters people. The September 11th list is long; these lists are longer.

I personally don't want to see any more lists either. I don't want there to be any more lists to see.

Invading Iraq will result in the deaths of Iraqi civilians. Noone could deny this and still be considered sane. It might result in the deaths of other civilians too. How many more names of people you know will you have to see on a list when Saddam, in his desperation at the US' invasion, launches what WMD he does have against Israel?

Yes, the Israelis have anti-missile defences. However, these are only located around Tel Aviv and Israel's nuclear installations, and they're not 100% effective.

Stop being so pathetically insular. Who cares how many Arabs we have to kill, just as long as you never see another Israeli on a list?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Vox populi, vox Dei

Invading Iraq will result in the deaths of Iraqi civilians. Noone could deny this and still be considered sane. It might result in the deaths of other civilians too. How many more names of people you know will you have to see on a list when Saddam, in his desperation at the US' invasion, launches what WMD he does have against Israel?

Might also result in the deaths of many of my personal friends and family, such as my own son, who is active duty. However, I accept the cost of defense. SOMEONE must stand the post, and defend the position. Better to confront the enemy before the momentum builds, before the threat might come to fruition in reality.

You? Vox? Are the sort who would bend over in front of the rapist, pull your skivvies to half mast, and convince yourself that you actually enjoy it...

And by what you post, you just might.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

The list is a prove of what can happen, when not being one step ahead.

100%

Fuck playing nice. They called the jihad? Comes the edification as to what jihad really means...
  • Options
    Vox...

The lists I am referring to, are the ones of civilians who were the actual target. This is regardless of nationality. The ones where the case is "the more the merrier" for our dear suicider friends. Just that it's more close to me, when I knew an actual victim.
    But those are the lists, which came to mind when posting.

Unfortunately civilian deaths can't (always) be avoided. I am 100% for a total minimum of civilian casualties, if they could be totally avoided (though that is in many cases very unlikely to be), I am backing this up . But I think you know what my stand is, when civilians are the exact aim of a war-act.
  • Options
    Hmm Jacqueline, so the lives of countless civilians taken through our incessant lust for war and revenge mean less because they aren't "specifically targetted"? and Thanatos, by your logic, lets just start killing and imprisoning any US citizen who we think might be conteplating murder or any number of other horrible crimes before they are committed!

The attitude you protray and the system of justice you seem to subscribe to smacks of the old west lynch mob mentality. We don't like it so it must be a threat so lets kill it now before it can do any harm.

Nonsense and irrational. We should disarm every US citizen too since having guns means that some of them might kill people!
  • Options
    Thread Closed

Sorry all. If you want to know why then have a look at Thanatos remarks.

Not what I'd call civil or called for on this BB. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.