Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I hurt so Much!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

Very new to all of this on the internet. BUT.. I feel so alone. been with my partner 3 years. Bought a house in MAY and now he has decided this Thursday that he has had enough and has been seeing someone.

I know the old cliches, but at the moment they do nothing for me. I know that nobody can make me feel better but time BUT I hurt so much and feel so low...

Just seen that people do look at your messages, I thought I could ask some advice...

I am moving out but all of my stuff is there. I should have seen him last night to sort things out but I just could not face it, so I didn't go home. I have had no contact from him at all. I am meant to be going to a ball tonight with him at his work, but I guess he will be taking someone else!!!! (ie) the other woman. Which is a major hurdle tonight.

I am working in London all week next week, should I contact him about my stuff or wait for him to contact me. OR if he does not contact me by the end of the week should I then contact him.

Comments

• Options
    Do you really think that someone who has cheated on you is worth your attention?

Be strong for yourself, have the courage to get on with your life knowing that he's worthless and you're better than that.

Good luck.
  • Options
    :) Thank you, i will try but it's been two days, hopefully in a couple of months I will be typing positive things!!!
  • Options
    That's such a nasty thing to do!
    As hard and harsh as it sounds, try to "forget" him. I know that it won't happen overnight, and that it takes a lot of time and work. But in the end, it's not worth sticking to someone who betrayed you in such a bad way.

Good luck :) *hugs*
  • Options
    You are all right!!! It's sickening I wish my brain could rule my heart not my heart rule my brain!!!

It's good to read in here because you know that you are not the only one feeling like poo!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by kirsty_g
    You are all right!!! It's sickening I wish my brain could rule my heart not my heart rule my brain!!!

It's good to read in here because you know that you are not the only one feeling like poo!!

Yeah, when my boyfriend cheated on me (with more than one girl :mad: ) I felt like shit. Especially after all the other stuff he did some of which I'm only beginning to deal with now.

So once again today I'm going to do the *hugs* thing and wish you the best of luck. :)
  • Options
    *hugs*

Its gonna be tough at first after three years thats a long time. But I think you sound quite strong actually you sound like your handling it quite well to me. Just realise its him thats got the problem, not you, your worth more and clearly deserve better. And yes, hate to say it but it is true, time really is a healer, things can only really get better hun:)
  • Options
    get a mate with a van walk in there take whatever you want and leave
    spit at him on ur way out and dont turn around walk away and stay away.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear that. I went through a similar thing recently, it makes it so much harder when you lose your home too. Get it done as quick as possible so you can get on with your life. You sounds strong and like you are coping a lot better than I did. Good luck.
  • Options
    bit of bloke input:

what rockerchick said! don't wait around for phoning or getting a call. just go round (u still have a key i presume) and get whats yours. don't forget to "accidently" scratch his CD collection:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Do you really think that someone who has cheated on you is worth your attention?

Be strong for yourself, have the courage to get on with your life knowing that he's worthless and you're better than that.

Good luck.

That is very well put, and exactly what I am trying to do at the moment!! As hard as it is, just get on with things without him, it'll be easier in the long run that being treated like shit all the time.

If you wanna chat Kirsty you can PM me, I'm going thru the same at the mo!
  • Options
    *hugs*

That's awful my dear. Like you said, cliches don't help, but they're based in fact. Someone who's cheated on you isn't worth your attention, especially one who does in such a cold and calculating way.

My advice? March round there when you know he's not in, take a friend or two (one preferably should be male). Assuming you still have a key, go inside and take what's yours. And maybe some that isn't ;)

The main thing is that you must move on. It will take a while, but time is a great healer, and you'll be well in the end. Just walk out of his life... don't turn around, don't bid farewells, and don't dwell on what might have been. You're worth more that him, and I wish you the best of luck.

PM me if you want to talk :)
  • Options
    WHAT IS PM!?!??!? Sorry

Thanks for all of your kind words. Faith what has happened to you??? Do you feel like poo!! as well.
  • Options
    Hey Kirsty,

Sorry to hear about what happened, it must be pretty shit. I thought you may want to hear a male point of view. (that is if you don't think we're all B******S!)

As far as getting your stuff back i would not contact him if possible. If you do just a quick text would do to say "'I am coming round X to get my stuff". Try to take a friend or if you really want to ruin his life, one of your parent's. They don't have to say anything but just there presence will make him sick with nerves.

If he calls you DEFINATELY don't answer. Of course it will be hard but don't. The best weapon a woman has against a man is her silence. It may not seem so, but trust me it is. It won't make it any easier for him to start a fresh, it will make it harder. With no contact all he can do is sit to think and it will be torture. In fact he will probably be asking some of the same questions to himself that you are. With none of these questions answered he'll be wondering if he's done the right thing, probably for the rest of his life. Meanwhile you can start getting your head together and make yourself happy. You deserve it, the happier you are, the more he's missed out.

Cliches are annoying, but one that's helped me along in the past is definately true. Everthing you experiance in life can only make you stronger.

Also promise you will never, at any point, feel sorry for him or that you somehow contributed to what happened. He has made the bed, now let him lye in it alone. Now's a time to be tough and hopefully it will make all this as quick and as painless as possible.

I wish you all the luck in the world

Pistol.

P.s- P.m means private message.
  • Options
    I have been exactly where you are and i know how much it hurts and how bad you are feeling right now and like you say although you know in time it will get better that doesn't help you right now. The best advice i can give you is to do what i did and that is to get your stuff as soon as possible, reason being it is just saying to him that you are trying to hang on and its given him the option of having you hanging so to speak and to see the new women in question to make sure he is making the right decision. Wip the carpet from underneath him and believe you me it will be such a shock for him to walk in find your stuff has gone, it will feel bear to him and reality will hit home. Be strong, no matter how you feel and no tears! you can cry as much as you like once you get to where you are going. You won't see his reaction and even if it is over between you two, you can walk with your head high and if it is not over he will think twice before he will ever treat you like this again.

Really, trust me on this, get your things out of there a.s.a.p.

Keep busy and make new friends and it will get easier, as you know and who knows in the process you may meet someone special or at least have some fun along the way.

Take care of you ok.
  • Options
    Aww you poor thing!:(

Just try and be strong you deserve better than him and he's obviously not worth it!:D