Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Trust Betrayed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Please help....

my best friend (who is like the only other person i can trust in the world) has just betrayed my trust in a big way with the other person i can trust-sorry im being sketchy about the detail. all advice will be welcom-all im getting now is dry your face and grow up..:( i really feel like jus leaving them both-this is the last time i want to be hurt so bad

thanx

Comments

• Options
    If they've betrayed your trust then you have a right to be upset. I'm not sure what they've done and I might be a bit more helpful if I did but it's your choice and that's cool. :)
    Anyhoo, I had my trust betrayed in a big way a few times. Not just with this guy I was completely in love with but also with a couple of friends.
    It completely sucks and it's kind of messed up my ability to trust anyone else. The only thing is that when I do eventually trust them I do so completely and then they just betray it again. Pah.

If you feel like stepping back from them for a while then you should, give yourself time to get your head together and work out whether you can trust them again or even want to.

If you need to talk or anything I'm always around.

:)
  • Options
    Sorry to sound rude but we can't offer decent advice unless we know all the details.

You need friends and they may have betrayed your trust but you should give them another chances, I mean what have they done that's so wrong?:confused:
  • Options
    I'm presuming this a best-friend sleeping with your partner situation.

If so, you need to decide (for each) whether the joy they bring in to your life is greater than the pain they cause. This should tell you whether you want to see them again.

Then if you decide you will still see them, you need to determine what sort of relationship you wish to have with them and you can do that by thinking about the level of trust you have with them and comparing it to the level of trust you have in other relationships.