Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i want him back-2nd part

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hiya again, okay i spoke to my ex last night and he said that we can still be mates and meet up some time-just as mates to see how things go for a while.
do you think this is a good idea doin this? im not sure, i mean i wana see him, but i stil really like him and would find it hard to be just his mate (oh and he said that when he said he loved me he meant it!) do you think it means anything when he says we'l see how it goes as mates? :confused:
lv s_m_b xx

Comments

• Options
    I don't remember reading the 1st part, but it sounds to me like he's stringing you along. It's in his best interests to keep you dangling so he can have you if he decides he wants you.
    Don't let him - you're worth more than that. You need to cut all ties so you can heal and move on.
  • Options
    Originally posted by KinkyRed
    I don't remember reading the 1st part, but it sounds to me like he's stringing you along. It's in his best interests to keep you dangling so he can have you if he decides he wants you.
    Don't let him - you're worth more than that. You need to cut all ties so you can heal and move on.

Well said, the longer it goes on the more it hurts

I have never known a relationship to be successful after an initial breakup. They just enter cycles of short-term happiness and breakups.
  • Options
    if you have still got feelings for him it will be impossible to be his friend i have been there its a killer, and then when he starts talking about another girl that hes met you get jealous but youre not allowed because hes not yours
  • Options
    i agree with Kinky. did u tell him you still had feelings for him? id be very careful if i were you; dont settle for being second best. if you want to stay mates with him, make sure its on your terms but be honest with yourself. if you feel its getting too intense take a step back and think about the end result. you dont wanna get hurt while he's got what he wanted. tread carefully.
  • Options
    I think it's possible to stay friends, granted its VERY hard at first when u still have feelings for the person, and for as long as those feelings last it probably will hurt, but if you got on really well and "clicked" as a couple, then ull end up with a wicked friendship if you stick at it n work thru the painful bit. But I would say, don't hang on to any hope of getting back together, otherwise that will become the sole reason ure still friends with him n thats not right, noone can stop you hoping, not even yourself but thats not the bit you should b concentrating on