Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

U what?! Babies!?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Probably just wanted to be upfront about it. Get it out of the way incase it gets serious so that he won't have any bombshells to drop in the future when/if it does get serious.

Comments

• Options
    Poor guy cant win can he.
    If he hadnt told you then you`d be mad.............tells you and youre still not sure.

I think he was right to tell you, after all if he is going to be a daddy then his ex and baby are gonna be in his life.
  • Options
    A baby is a big thing and she's only 16 so she doesn't have to be sure. That's probably one of the reasons why he told her, to let her make up her mind now if it bothers her or not.
  • Options
    Do you know why they split up?
  • Options
    surely its better that he told you?? he could just have kept it quiet couldnt he? at least you know he doesnt want a relationship based on lies - which it would be if he hadnt told you. i think you owe this guy some respect for telling you - after all it must be difficult for him as he has to be aware that it could put you off. anyway good luck:D
  • Options
    maybe he told you to be upfront. and beacause he wanted you to know in case you started a relationship!

what would you prefer to know sooner or later?
  • Options
    This bloke has obviously got balls to tell you this upfront which is props worthy seeing as some people might have kept it from you. Honesty is always a good thing to base a relationship on. Keep to talking to him.........then see how you feel.
    MissM
  • Options
    Be careful bab. When I was 17 I was in the same situation. I was going out with a 19 year olf whose ex was having his baby. After time I grew attached to him and couldn't handle it when she had the baby. It's a hard thing to deal with. Although you just met him, be careful of your feelings.
  • Options
    Personally I think that's great that he told you, being honest right from the start is a good sign! I would just be careful with this guy, as a few others have said.
  • Options
    I think it's a good thing. It's better now than suddenly introducing you to a kid in a few years. I must be shallow because i would ahve ran in the opposite direction by now! I admire you.
  • Options
    1. you can split with him and then you'll never know.
    2. you can try it. If you can't handle it you can get out but don't tie yourself in too much!

Up to you!
  • Options
    I think you should be very careful.

When the baby is born it will become his life. If is doesn't then is he a very worthwhile man to have anyway?

You'll need the patience of a saint.
  • Options
    It's up to you. The hard thing to deal with in this situation is this:

If your fella normally was recieving calls from his ex, you are within reason to be pissed off and ask for it to stop. If she is having his child, you don't have that right. He might be going on a date with you and cancel at the last minute as the ex is having stomach pains and may be going into labour. If he is any kind of man, that kid will be the most important thing in his life. I think at a young age you deserve someone who has you at number one.
  • Options
    Get out of it, you are going to get hurt and might catch something from him. Men like this only get away with it because girls let them. You deserve better.