Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A/S retakes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
How do you go about organising a retake? Do you ask your teacher and they sort it out?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Asking your teacher/ tutor would be a good start! they'll point you in the right direction.

Susie :)
  • Options
    Yeah your tutors next year should ask you whether you want to resit exams or not. Be warned it can cost between £9-£14 per exam depending on whether you want your paper back or not.
  • Options
    Thanks for the help. Another thing, are you allowed to resit individual modules or do you have to retake the whole subject?
  • Options
    You used to be able to resit individual modules - but this may have changed, again I'd check with your tutor/ college office.

Susie :)
  • Options
    It depends on your result JK,

Lets say you took politics just as an example and your marks were like this:

Module 1 - 85/100
    Module 2 - 80/100
    Module 3 - 45/120

Then the best course of action would be to retake module 3 to try and bump up your mark, so yes, you are allowed to resit individual modules without having to do the whole thing! :) It wouldn't be worth them making you resit the whole thing.

I've known people to resit one module and have their overall mark improved by 2 grades!

Good luck hope this has helped. xxx
  • Options
    Thanks a lot guys. Just for the record, for English I got a C:
    Eng Lit 1: 94/120
    Eng Lit 2: 36/90
    Eng Lit 3: 69/90
    So I can retake 2 and all I need is a D mark to get an overall B. Sweet.