Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

arrrrggghhhh...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
grrrrrr.........arrgggghhhh.....sorry, but i really need to let off some steam! a couple of months ago, my g.p referred me to a rheumatologist, saying that i had rheumatoid arthritis. but now, after seeing the rheumatologist twice, things are no clearer. i went back again yesterday, and it was just the same old story, "we can't give you a definite diagnosis, i know it's difficult not knowing, but it's better than having a bad diagnosis". that's easy for her to say! at the moment, i'm in a lot of pain, yet nobody can tell me why, and there's no treatment i can have apart from anti-inflammatories which aren't even working anyway.....how is that good? it's driving me mad! and the thing that scares me most is that the consultant even said that this thing could go on forever, without us ever knowing what it really is......great! that's really something to look forward to.....
sorry for ranting on, but it's the only way i can really say how i'm feeling.....my parents don't really understand, and i can't talk to my friends about all this. :mad:

Comments

• Options
    Re: arrrrggghhhh...

Tates I'm sorry you've been messed about. I thought there was a blood test they could do for rheumatoid arthritis? I'm pretty sure there is. In the meantime, have you looked for any online support groups on the net? They can be very helpful and there may even be a support group in your local area. Best of luck.
  • Options
    There are several blood tests, but none of them can point to the person having r.a on their own. e.g I tested positive for rheumatoid factor, but that on its own doesn't mean i have r.a.....confusing i know! My level of internal inflammation was low, which seems to point against r.a, but then if this is only the beginning of the disease, this level might rise. So basically, there's no way of knowing!
    I know that a support group would be good, but the idea of talking to complete strangers about something like this terrifies me....pathetic I know!
    But thanks for your help, it's nice to know someone cares.....katie xxx :)
  • Options
    i dont have the same condition but i do suffer from headahes, even tho in only 13.
    over the past three years ive been back and forth to about 30 diff doctors and ive been put on medication after medication but nothing works. also they dont know whats causing these headaches. they just keep guessing at what the casue could be.
    so far all these diff doctors have come up with evrything from tension headahes, to migraine to even tumours. ive been tested and tested for evrything possible which could be causing my headaches. now they are thinking its caused by diff foods but i know its not as no food sets it off. i just dont know what my headhes are let alone what they are caused by. if the docs dont even know, then what chance have i got in knowing the truth.
    never mind. life goes on,
    luv lou
  • Options
    looks like we're both in the same boat hun....keep smiling :) i know how hard it is, but i guess it's all that can be done at the moment. i've just come back from a holiday with friends, which not only picked me up mentally, but also made my joints less stiff and sore for a week, so i'm feeling a bit brighter i guess......
    let me know how you're getting on.........katie xxx
  • Options
    I was told swimming was good for rheumatoid arthritis, Im not sure wether its right like..............anyone heard that before?
    Apparently supposed to relax you more or something. I suppose just gentle swimming is relaxing anyway so it could be right?