Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Broken hearted....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My relationship is now over and I'm a little down as I've had two days off to recover.

I have been in love once before with my sons father but it wasn't a touch on how i felt/feel about my new ex.

He says he thinks i'm special and didn't want to hurt me blah blah...

He wants to be a 'good' friend now - should I leave well alone or continue to have him in my life after a few months when my sadness and hate has faded?

cheer me up :(

Comments

• Options
    Aww you poor thing!:(
    It obviously wasn't meant to be and you can do better than him anyway! Don't be mates with him as it'll only make things harder!;)

Cheer up and be happy ok!:D
  • Options
    Hello remember me?

I went to see my ex in the pub last night, we are planning on being good friends. I feel pants today - i've got a feeling that its just gonna draw things out.

The whole situation is loaded with emotion, not easy in the least.

For me I think its best to not meet up and be friends until you're truely over it. That takes months/years, but if it works out it works out.

mmmm i'm really looking forward to seeing her out with new bloke on the town.....not.

You sound like you've been through worse than this, and survived.

Chocolate
    Alcohol
    cheap thrills
    depression

then after that you should be back to your best.
  • Options
    I was with my son's father for 5 yrs but I left him. He is still in love with me to this day but I never quite felt the same after the first 3 yrs and my love for him died.

when I left him I totally broke his heart and he did everything possible to get me back but I was a bitch. Because I didn't love him anymore I wouldn't give him the time of day - couldn't even talk to him. I hurt him so much and it haunts me to this day what I put him through but I've always been a believer in following my heart rather than the 'right' thing to do for everyone elses sake, selfish I know.

When I met recent man he made me feel sooo different. I fell totally madly in love and gave him everything I could possibly give someone emotionally only to have it rejected. That is the worst feeling in the world and alteast now I can understand a little of what my sons father went through..

Atleast now i have experienced both sides of the coin and hopefully will make me an even stronger wiser woman and help in my next relationship...
  • Options
    *Big Hugs & plenty of joints to TheMistress*

:(
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear this

I'm sure you will pick yourself back up and carry on, you seem like a strong woman
  • Options
    You'll be ok. Don't worry. :(
  • Options
    sorry to hear that you've had a crappy time, but things can only get better *starts humming tune from D:Ream* :)

I know it sounds pants to say naff things like that and lets not forget plenty more fish in the sea, but they are only used cos thay are so true.

indulge yourself in alcohol, chocolate, sexy clothes and underwear, flirt outrageously with anyone you met (well why not and I always find it makes me feel better) and spend time with friends who really understand and care.

hopefully you'll be back to mistress mode again properly after that! :D

oh and avoid the friends thing for a while as it always leaves a hope that you might just get back together - rarely happens and doesn't allow you to heal! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    oh and avoid the friends thing for a while as it always leaves a hope that you might just get back together - rarely happens and doesn't allow you to heal! :rolleyes:

These words speak true. I think sub-consciously I was hoping for that but it won't happen and I wont heal. Thanks for your advice.
  • Options
    Glad to be of service

that's the whole point to these boards though isn't it - learn form others. * i won't say try to avoid the same mistakes cos that would take all the fun out of it*:D

hope you feel better soon
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that hun! Just try to keep your spirits up. Go out with friends loads, meet new people and party like hell :D Good luck to ya :)
  • Options
    Sorry to hear it chuck. Is always hard. Don't be friends though. At least not yet. Makes it so much harder when your always seeing them and is difficult to go from a relationship to friendship anyway. Keep your chin up and smile though.
  • Options
    don't worry:( ... dadada-da... be happy:D