Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pre-University

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Since after finishing A-levels we finish earlier than ever before, and then start back later than ever before at University, this 3 month summer holiday period for me is GETTING FUCKING BORING!!

What's everyone else doing with themselves?? I'm about 6 weeks through, and I've literally done nothing!! Just sat around the house, playing computer games, sleeping etc. nothing constructive whatsoever. I've become very, very lazy.

I did think about getting a job, but it seems a bit late now and I didn't want to start straight after A-levels. I can't wait for Uni now just because it'll give me something to do. I'm so bored, I've actually been looking forward to getting the results this Thursday.

So what's everyone else been doing??
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I know exactly what you mean.

I also have nothing to do, and have done since March till September.

I go to the gym 3 times a week, walk everywhere, even to town, write on the internet, read lots of books, sleep a lot....but really I just want the next 5 weeks to go, which is a shame as I'm young and it's summer.
  • Options
    That's exactly the same with me (apart from the exercise bit!). I had also planned to join a gym and try to get fit, but like with getting a job, I put it off for a while. Doing nothing and sleeping a lot was brilliant for the first week or so, but I just seem to have carried on doing that and now I've become so lazy that the thought of going to a gym is really daunting!!

At least you're leaving the house!! I rarely do, and it's getting a bit depressing really. I just hope Uni lives up to my expectations.
  • Options
    I finished college early June and I don't start uni untill mid September. Since finishing College i've found myself a new p/t job (more money for less work :D ) and generaly just having a larf! Going to the pub, have a smoke round my mates house and sleeping till midday. Tis all good :cool:
  • Options
    First message here, be kind :)

I first went to Uni in 1999 and quit after 10 weeks, I was simply so burnt out with education I just couldn't be arsed anymore. My attendance for those 10 weeks was about 15% :(

Since then I took on a job, a very good job and really enjoyed it. Problem? At 21 having worked with a huge number of 30 somethings for 2 years you start to feel like you're getting old before your time. It is a very scary feeling, you feel like you've missed this huge part of your life, which should possibly be your best.

This time last year I decided that was enough, I'd had my break and it was time to get to Uni and have some fun so applied again.

I start uni mid September, I quit work in March and have had this HUGE 6 months free time. Worst choice ever! If you ever get the chance to take 6 months off dont take it! 2 months is great, you can do what you like, but after that the mind numbing boredom sets in and it's horrible.

I'm a totally lazy bastige, I've spent most my time idling away infront of the PC or sleeping. I've had money to do stuff but it's so hard to motivate myself (I really am lazy ;)), I've put on a stone in weight in that time and although I'm not fat from it it has affected my confidence a touch.

Still, Uni is getting so close now I cannot wait. Having had a good 2 year look at life after Uni once already I know I'm gonna make the most of Uni life this time, both the socials and educational aspects of it.

One word of advice, make the most of it! :D
  • Options
    It is never too late to try and get some temporary work!
    Also, you could try and get some course books and swat up! Sounds boring butif you're really as bored as you make out.....

Also, catch up with friends, expecially those who are going to different universities, because no matter how hard you try you will lose touch with someof them, and grow apart from others!