Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

whats worst??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hiya everyone!
ok i know both are these are bad problems but i was just wondering which is the worst!
what is worst to crash diet and not eat anything OR to eat and make yourself sick??

i know you are all going to think this is a stupid question, and im not going to do any of them and i know they are both bad and dangerous, but which is worst!

plz dont shout at me!
luv jai

Comments

• Options
    They are both as bad as each other!

Throwing up damages your throat because of the acid you are bringing up from your stomach, imagine that burning your throat every time you throw up! Also, if you don't eat you have no energy and you will feel tired and irritable. You will also find it difficult to concentrate.

There are 100s of other bad things about these two drastic actions.

I know you said you weren't contemplating either of them, in which case I was wondering why you want to know?!
  • Options
    I'm not sure what's worst but I think don't eat anything is the cheapest :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I hope you don't feel like these are your only two choices in life. If that really is how you feel, I strongly suggest speaking to someone professional and getting referred for counselling.

You didn't say it outright, but that sounded like anorexia vs bulimia to me.

Good factsheet and contact details:
    http://www.thesite.org/info/health/eating_problems/the_risks_of_eating_disorders.html
  • Options
    Re: whats worst??
    Originally posted by babes r us
    hiya everyone!
    ok i know both are these are bad problems but i was just wondering which is the worst!
    what is worst to crash diet and not eat anything OR to eat and make yourself sick??

i know you are all going to think this is a stupid question, and im not going to do any of them and i know they are both bad and dangerous, but which is worst!

plz dont shout at me!
    luv jai

like karla said, i think too this is anorexia vs bulemia myself. to eat nothing can lead to bulemia because its the only way you can keep people happy( by eating) and satisfy yourself by knowing you are able to get what you are craving for.
    to make yourself sick can be a lot worse as you cant just not eat anything unless you have substantail willpower to fight your parents. even anorexics eat something, no matter how little the calories, each day.
    to eat nothing at first simply gets your stomach angry but to make yourself sick at first, you are doing more damage as you drag up your stomach acid and nutrients present such as potassium (therefore vital to keep eating those bananas.)
    in the long run, both are very dangerous and it's not a case of which is worse, its a case of which is more dangerous and the answer is simply both.
    i know you said you werent considering doing it and just wanted to know about it, but if you ever feel this is an option for you please reconsider or see a doctor or if you want any more help, PM me and ill only be too happy to lsiten and help you out as i know what you may be going through.
    love, missx