Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Islam, the religion of peace

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-346000,00.html

Think I shall withhold further comment, for the moment. Come to your own conclusion...

Comments

• Options
    Crusades - horrendous crimes committed in the name of Christianity, of which Geoge W Bush is a devoted follower. Enough said.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Matthew82
    Crusades - horrendous crimes committed in the name of Christianity, of which Geoge W Bush is a devoted follower. Enough said.

Your ignorance is truly astounding.
  • Options
    Erm... yeah, the phrase about people living in the past suddenly makes sense, huh? (get back to school, and learn how to write coherent sentences, also appeals I must say) :rolleyes:
  • Options
    As for the article...I think its more a condemnation of the tribal court system over there than Islam in general.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Balddog
    As for the article...I think its more a condemnation of the tribal court system over there than Islam in general.

I have no more problem with Islam (personally) than any other religion, - EVERYONE has the right to choose whatever faith they care to follow, or NOT follow, as the case might be - however... it got just a bit boorish listening to all and sundry go on about how the US was attacking such a peaceful and noble people.

Exactly who is it who practice female "circumcision"/mutilation??? ;) To keep the "honor of the family" intact? Amputate one thing to keep another intact, right?

Guess "nobility" is in the eye of the beholder... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Balddog

Your ignorance is truly astounding.

Beg to differ, sir... NOTHING truly astounds me anymore. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Thanatos...AGAIN
    it got just a bit boorish listening to all and sundry go on about how the US was attacking such a peaceful and noble people.

I'm not sure exactly where anyone, let alone all and sundry, was going on about that.

Perhaps I'm just not paranoid enough.
This discussion has been closed.