Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Police present as cannabis cafe opens

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Police present as cannabis cafe opens

EAST Lancashire's first cannabis cafe opened for business last night.

Police attended the Real Jerk cafe in Bolton Road, Ewood, after owner David Wilson opened at about 4pm.
Mr Wilson allowed customers to bring along the drug and smoke it.

Officers paid two visits to warn the pro-cannabis campaigner that they would be monitoring his actions.

Mr Wilson, 37, said: "I'm here to cook West Indian food.
"I'll try this out and if the people of East Lancashire think it is okay I'll carry on, but if people don't support me I'll stop.

"I have had no problems - it has been a good night. A lot of people have come down to show support.

"The police came down before I opened to warn me to close and that they didn't like what I was doing. There has been no intimidation."

Mr Wilson said he closed the cafe three hours early at midnight because he wanted to stop young people coming from nightclubs and causing trouble because "that's not what this is about".

:D

Comments

• Options
    Re: Police present as cannabis cafe opens
    Originally posted by WHSpliff.net

"The police came down before I opened to warn me that they didn't like what I was doing".

"That officer is because you've never tried it, you'll like it after a toke on this I promise, go on officer live dangerously" and so they smoked the night away together.
  • Options
    the cops are never there when you need them but always there when you dont.
    i would never have been in trouble in my life if the cops hadn't been there when i didn't want them there.......if you get my drift.
  • Options
    yeah i get what you're saying about the police being there/not being there. shitty law enforcement.... bet they were only hanging around acting tough tryna score a toke or two... no reflection meant on anyones part, obviously.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    the cops are never there when you need them but always there when you dont.

Would that be because most coppers would be happier busting some dope-head than a crack-head mugger/gun runner?

Easy life:mad: