Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Regrets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, about a week ago i dumped my b/f, everyone told me not to cos he's good looking and sweet and really cares about me!
But to me it didnt feel right and my head was all confused so i dumped him.
Now i miss him like crazy my we are all still mates and we all go out together and i realised that i like him so much!
Do you think i should tell him how i feel, or do you think it would be kinder to not tell him and let him move on?
PLease help!

Comments

• Options
    After dumping him, he might not want to get back together with you. Tell him that you think dumping him was a mistake, and maybe you can make a go at things again. If he says no or something, don't fret. Be friends with him. At least you guys had something:)
  • Options
    Why did you dump him? had he done something wrong? or did you think you needed a change? Was it just instinct? If it was boredem or just instinct then you must have been sure of yourself. You are missing him but if you had dumped him in the first place what will be different this time? You are friends so try not to ruin this.

Try speaking to him and ask him whether he is angry with you dont ruin your friendship and if he still sounds as though you two have a future ask him out and apologise, but only you know why you both fell out (parted) and if it is all worth it.

Goodluck :)

*DEVIL*
  • Options
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    Why did you dump him? had he done something wrong? or did you think you needed a change? Was it just instinct?
    *DEVIL*

I dumped him because i didnt think he really cared about me (hang up from past relationship), but when i dumped him he was SO upset and iv realised that he did really care about me.
  • Options
    lol, if it weren't for Slinky Guy putting S.G. :cool: at the end of all of his posts I would've thought that this was him.
  • Options
    Hiya it wasnt me !! its vsexylucy by mistake log in as me i just got a pm from here :) thanks o and i aint that way :D

S.G :cool:
  • Options
    Hi,

The best thing you can really do is talk to your ex and to see how he feels about it. He may be a little hurt at first because of the break up but he will probably be glad to get back together.
    there are lots of articles here about relationships so looking through them might help :)
  • Options
    'No regrets, they dont work
    No regrets now, they only hurt'

Whenever I feel like I'm regrettin somethin I think of those words!

xx
  • Options
    Regrets are shit. I hate them. You can regret doing something and you can regret not doing something. It sucks.

In this case it seems like it would be better to do something. At least then you can say you tried and won't regret what might've been.
  • Options
    Ahem. Well, Lu, you know my views on it, but for the benefit of, erm, everyone else :p ...

I don't think you thought the dumping through properly enough. The fact that everybody was alerting you to what many consider the biggest mistake you've made so far should have set some alarm bells ringing. Methinks that you were beginning to realise you had something good.... bad experiences in the past may have made you wonder whether this one was for real, so you got scared. You began to nitpick, picking up on "annoying" aspects of this boy which, to everyone else, were just larks.

You have to look at both sides of the coin. On the one hand, it could eat away inside you unless you sit him down, have a heart-to-heart and tell him how you feel. If your feelings are out, you could feel a lot better about it, and you wouldn't feel as if you have to tiptoe around him all the time. and you never know, he could welcome you back with open arms. You both had something good, and there's no reason why you shouldn't pick up where you left off.

However, on the flip side, dumping this boy really messed him up, leading to him wondering whether there was something wrong with him. You have to be prepared for an onslaught along the lines of You only want me when it suits you, why am I suddenly good enough for you again, etc etc. He has already said to others (well, me) that if you were to ask him out again, he would tell you in no uncertain terms where to go.

I can't make this decision for you, and nor can anyone else. At the end of the day, you have to do what you think is best, after weighing everything up.

Luv me xx
  • Options
    JUST HOW SEXY ARE YOU, LUCY???
    I FEEL SORRY FOR THE GUY, POOR BLOKE!