Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

tellin some1??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
heres just a random question thats crossed my mind; how long have u waited in order 2 tell some1 u like them and what has been the outcome... cos i know ppl have said it when theyve first met some1 n its worked out, n others just get scared off..

Comments

• Options
    A loooooooong time I know!

It took a year!! I know what ur ALL thinkin!

but....He had a girlfriend! And I was *still am* shy :(:o
    My reply seems pointless but I couldnt resist.

Opps I forgot the outcome....I told him over the fone, and I quickly suggested it wouldnt work coz I moved 200 odd miles away from him! *D'oh* but we are still in contact:)
  • Options
    I don't tell them, I'm chicken shit!

I bottle it up and live off the regret, Wondering what it might have been like!

I pray they will turn around and tell me they like me but it never happen, Or they do but it’s too late by then. I've moved on
  • Options
    I think its best to tell them after knowing them for a while.

From my point of view if i had not know a bloke for very long and they told me they liked me i would question their feelings and maybe think that they were just after a shag.

On the other hand if one of my friends who ive know and been friends things for a while said to me that they liked me i would take what they more seriously and value their feelings a lot more.

I doubt this helped but thats my point of view mate:D
  • Options
    i think it depends if your getting the mesage that they like you, then let them know straight away, but if not, I keep quiet!

xx
  • Options
    im chickenshit too. except for once. and itll never happen again.

i met a guy. started liking him maybe 3 months later. told him maybe 4 or 5 months after that. bad idea.

he wasnt interested. and what do you know, no more friendship. wouldnt have been that bad, but he was a friend that i dont think i can ever replace. always there for me when i needed him, gave good advice, looked out for my well-being, just really meant something to me.

:(:(:(:(:(
  • Options
    I have to agree with the majority of the votes...
    I'm always too scared to tell them how i really feel, i spose worrying about getting rejected....
    But, i think i mite just tell them...just this once!
    ya never know...they mite feel the same back :S
    SweetLeaf.
  • Options
    ooooo I told someone I like them only yesterday. I'm quite upfront, I wear my heart on my sleeve and always tell people how I feel.

My motto in life is that its better to regret what you have done than what you haven't. You never know til you try do you, and do you wanna spend the rest of your life looking back thinking "What if?" ?

But the guy I told yesterday has a girlfriend...grrrrr. Don't they all?! So I said fair enough, I'll leave him alone, but that he has to tell me straight away if he becomes single!! Anyways, plenty more fish in the sea
    ;)

xxx
  • Options
    If I see the guy everyday or fairly often I won't make the first move just incase they do turn me down. If I know i'm not going to see him that often or at all unless I tell him I like him then usually I will say something.

When I did a work placement as part of my college course in Jan I met a guy there who I liked & I knew if I didn't tell him how I felt I wouldn't see him again so I did. He felt the same way & I was with him for a couple of months before we realised we'd be better off as mates.

Very recently, I was in Menorca till last night & met a guy who is currently working out there & I really liked him so I told him as again I knew I wouldn't see him again unless I said something. We aren't together or anything, there is no point as he is out there & when he comes back to the UK he will be in York but he did feel the same way about me & I had a great time with him whilst it lasted.
  • Options
    Do it. Tell them straight away. I told someone exactly how I felt about them today, and although we won't be anymore than friends, we'll be good friends simply because we were honest with each other.

To me, it seems better to tell someone how you feel and watch it backfire, than not to tell them and wondering "what if?". I'm not the only one with this mindset, so it may well be worth considering.
  • Options
    My girlfriend was with her ex boyfriend when i first started to like her, we met through him i was a mate i suppose, he always used to treat her really badly and i was always like there for her, and this went on for about a month.
    Then at my party she had the courage to finally dump him and i was 'looking after her ' When she told me that she liked me and i was sooooo suprised because i am an ugly fucker and she is just about perfect :D
    So naturally i let my feelings be known and it progressed form there ;)
    We have been together over a year now :D
    But i wish i had told her sooner becuase it would have saved a lot of agro with her ex (he used to be violent to her)
    So if you like somebody i would tell them straight away, you never know it might work out for the best :)
  • Options
    When you like someone, you shouldn't sit around and dwell over it. If they have a boyfriend or girlfriend, don't hold back, they might like you and are trying to hide it.

When you crush on someone, there is no time to sit and think about it, you need to get out there quickly before somebody else snatches the person you've had your eye on.
  • Options
    Ooooh, only 3 years.

Did it work out? Heeeellll no! I'll tell you lot about it sometime.
  • Options
    about a few months

pfft it didnt work out - it never does (well for me)

the person didnt do anything about it - just stare at me a lot
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sabbie
    If they have a boyfriend or girlfriend, don't hold back

ooh...dont know about that

if someone has a boyf or gf you keep away - well away