Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

L/T Relationship vs. Cute Girl

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, here's a major problem thats really eating me.
I have a girlfriend who ive been with for over a year and i used to think i was really in love with. She lives on the other side of the country and has been abroad much of the last year so we dont reallyt see each other all that much.
Ive been determined to stick with her despite various problems through the last year but its just become a strain. The last month or so she has been a real bitch to me and has turned against me a little at a difficult time.
To make things worse, at this point ive had numerous girls offer themselves to me on a plate (and i have been very attracted to a number) and have ended up cheating on her in a couple of cases (i had been faithful to her for the year until now). Whilst i feel guilty, im thinking that its probably a sign that somehtying is wrong generally and i dont feel for her the way i did. But i still care for her and dont want to hurt her by breaking things up. What a mess!@!!! What shall i do people?????????:confused:

Comments

• Options
    sounds to me like its over with your long term gf! you need to end it! youve cheated on her - therefore things between you have obviously changed! you cant be happy in the relationship, best thing to do for you and your current gf is finish it! she has probably been having similar thoughts to you about whether it is working as well as it had! long distance relationships are always gonna be hard to maintain.

Id say finish it before it gets harder and harder!
  • Options
    you`ll hurt her more if you dont break up with her. its hard, but get it over and done with. youre right, if youve been cheating then the relationship is over already, so tell her so she doesnt waste any more time with you. If shes been away abroad much of the year that youve been together, then its not much of a relationship anyway.
  • Options
    I like the name!:)

Like everyone else has said, you will hurt her more if she finds out you been cheating

The fact that she been a bitch to you may tell you she unhappy in the relationship as well. Just dump her nicely and find a girl nearer home.

Also you say you have changed feeling for her now
    I have a girlfriend who ive been with for over a year and i used to think i was really in love with.

You know its for the best to end it now, It maybe hard because you have been together over a year but its best all round for you and its fair on her seeing as you cheated on her.
  • Options
    I agree with what everyone else has said. Theres no point in carrying on with the relationship, the fact that youve cheated on her shows that theres something wrong and that you dont really want to be with her. You say you dont want to hurt her but your going to be hurting her more the longer you leave it. Just be honest with her. :)
  • Options
    OMIGOD!!! Romeo hunny....you're me!!

I was with my boyfriend for just over a year, he's spent most of this year abroad. I had offers from several people and cheated on him in the end. During my exams he was a complete bastard to me.

Anyways, in the end I told him I cheated on him and that it wouldn't be fair on either of us to stay in the relationship anymore. He went a bit pyscho and hurled insults at me, so we shouted at each other for a week then agreed to calm down and haven't spoken since.

What I'm saying is: you've cheated, she's been a bitch to you when you needed her....accept that its over and tell her the truth.