Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

changing the day of my pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im just about to start a new packet and my 7 day break finishes on tuesday so due to start again on wednesday. I want to change my starting day so i no longer have the heaver part of my period at the weekend. I know that if i take a pill late i have to use condoms for 7 days but will me starting my next pack later mean i run the risk of getting pregnant if i had sex without a condom last friday? sorry i hope that made sense

Comments

• Options
    Breasts?

Question: Do guys care what their girlfriends boobs look like ? i mean if they stuck out, or were mis-shaped ? or didnt look very much like boobs ?! Thankyou, SweetLeaf.
  • Options
    whoops sum kind of error there.....my apologies
  • Options
    If you had sex last friday then you were still protected, whether you start your pack a bit late or not, but you wont be protected for the 7 days after you start your next pack if you dont start it on time.
  • Options
    as long as you were on the normal schedule when you had unprotected sex you should be ok.

on a side note:

if i completely missed two pills (lost them...damn things are so tiny), but am back on track...i should be ok in a week or so, right?
  • Options
    i went to the family planning clinic last night to pick up some more pills and she said that there is no safe way for me to change my pill starting day without risking pregnancy. never mind no big deal
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lizzafins
    as long as you were on the normal schedule when you had unprotected sex you should be ok.

on a side note:

if i completely missed two pills (lost them...damn things are so tiny), but am back on track...i should be ok in a week or so, right?

i think you should be but don't take my word for it.ring your doc 4 advise.
    another pill question... is it safe 2 carry on the pill without the usual 7 day break for a few months. its just that during my first packet i took one late so had to carry the next packet straight on without the break. but that means when i get to the end of this packet i will be on hol meanin i will get my period right in the middle.so my plan was to miss the 7 day break again. so is it ok to do this?
    i'm off to get another lot of pills before i go away so i will be checking with the doctor but i just wanted to know so i can make up a back up plan if i cant do it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by sexy little thing

i think you should be but don't take my word for it.ring your doc 4 advise.
    another pill question... is it safe 2 carry on the pill without the usual 7 day break for a few months. its just that during my first packet i took one late so had to carry the next packet straight on without the break. but that means when i get to the end of this packet i will be on hol meanin i will get my period right in the middle.so my plan was to miss the 7 day break again. so is it ok to do this?
    i'm off to get another lot of pills before i go away so i will be checking with the doctor but i just wanted to know so i can make up a back up plan if i cant do it.

I think its ok to take 2 lots of packs in a row every now and again but i wouldnt take 3 all together if i was you. It may not harm you but bloody hell can you imagine the period pains you will get:eek: