Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

boyfriends insecurities

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hiyas all! i'm new here and i was just wonerdering if u could give me some advice with a few things. Thanx :)

ive been going out with mybf for bout 3 months now, however, he is really insecure with our relationship. hes really worried im gonna leave him and/or go off with someone else. the trouble is his last serious gf of bout 2 years said she'd never do that to him, but then she slept with one of his best mates :eek: im so wouldnt do that but however much i say it, even tho he wants to believe me, theres part of him that wont let him.

at the moment, hes getting really upset even when hes not around me too cos he misses me so much. i love him to bits and we REALLY CLICK but his wanting to talk to me all the time an that when imnot around him is reallygetting to me, and i dont know wot to do.

thats the main parts neway.

any feedback would be great

x Spin x

Comments

• Options
    Re: boyfriends insecurities
    Originally posted by SpinningVod
    hiyas all! i'm new here and i was just wonerdering if u could give me some advice with a few things. Thanx :)

ive been going out with mybf for bout 3 months now, however, he is really insecure with our relationship. hes really worried im gonna leave him and/or go off with someone else. the trouble is his last serious gf of bout 2 years said she'd never do that to him, but then she slept with one of his best mates :eek: im so wouldnt do that but however much i say it, even tho he wants to believe me, theres part of him that wont let him.

at the moment, hes getting really upset even when hes not around me too cos he misses me so much. i love him to bits and we REALLY CLICK but his wanting to talk to me all the time an that when imnot around him is reallygetting to me, and i dont know wot to do.

thats the main parts neway.

any feedback would be great

x Spin x
    try to give him security...
    always tell true about all but at same moment you must speak about...
    in this moment, i think that your bf don't believe in nobody...
    he must understand that he can find security only in himself... no by other people..good luck..
    ciaoooooooo
  • Options
    I feel like this with my new boyfriend he is just so gorgeous that I really feel like he is going to dump me anyday.:(
  • Options
    I felt like that with my boyfriend for a long time. For me, the only thing that can make me feel more secure in a relationship is time.

Maybe once you and your boyfriend have been together for a while, get more into it and talk about you feelings and stuff he will see that you really care about him and that the past isn't going to repeat itself.
  • Options
    I have been with mine over a year and i feel the same still!

this was done a couple of days ago check out this article :) hope it helps.

Jealousy
  • Options
    Hiya

I've been in your boyfriends position, I never felt good enough for my girlfriend, and I was convinced she'd cheat on me, and I felt really bad whenever she was with her guy mates. She got blokes asking her out all the time, and I felt really bad about the whole thing. I never said anything to her, but she could tell I was so insecure about the whole thing. She cheated on me twice, and I'm pretty sure my insecurity drove her away.

Anyway, I think you should do what my ex didn't, and show him how much you love him, and keep reassuring him that you love him and tell him how special he is to you. Give him lots of hugs, and affection, and hopefully he'll become less insecure. It wont happen overnight though, it'll be a gradual thing.

Good luck :)