Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why so few coments?

Am I the only one who has noticed that many posts get large numbers of viewings but very few coments?
Is it that we all find each others coments boring?
Or is it that most people on here have nothing to say?

Your coments please.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I know exactly what you mean, but you have to realise that this place goes through stages. What we're missing is the anti drugs posters, where are they all? Last year this forum had many more users who were up for a bit of an argument, nowadays everyone agree's and it's got a little boring.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    plus the same topics resurface from other sources continualy and your about to reply and think...done this one to many times.
    and there seems to be very little argument. debate , argument or total slagging off is usualy interesting. back slapping agreement gets boring. and if people disagree with you it tends to sharpen your mind.
  • Options
    Its because the only people that are still here are the drug users, the non-drug users have long sinse moved on to do interesting things with their lives.

The problem with having a board full of drug users is that drug-users by their nature follow the crowd and and peaceful (non-confrontational). This means that anybody asked advice gets it given, and anybody giving an opinion gets (fundamentally) people aggreeing with them.

This does not lead to great threads, so the little itty-bitty threads get pushed to the bottom, while the pointless threads (am I an E head) stay up their forever.

Also, because so much about the drugs that we take is not really known (different people say different things) people are afraid to express their opinion (see above : following the crowd) in case they are shot down by some-one with more respected findings.

Anyone think different? ;)
  • Options
    coke effer that was one of the most simple and correct statements i have seen on here for a while.
    and now i've forgotten .........yea so lets not worry to much if theres only stoners in here. chill out in the opium room.
    talk about reality now and again.
    my house is slowly begging to look ok again after my onslaught on the place and that cheapo solid has me flexible.
  • Options
    It just seems wierd, I've only been posting on here for about a few weeks so I dont know the general unwritten rules.
  • Options
    I read a post then decide whether i want to give suitable advice and leave a reply. Sometimes what i want to say has already bin said so i dont reply. Sometimes i dont know what to say so i dont reply and sumtimes i just cant be arsed :D
  • Options
    i must admit this forum does need more life in it.... come on u anti drugs people with misinformed opinions start postin crap and give us all a laugh :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Meatballs125
    i must admit this forum does need more life in it.... come on u anti drugs people with misinformed opinions start postin crap and give us all a laugh :p

go on meat !
  • Options
    I was going to post something anti-drugs, but I guess it wouldn't work coming from me :rolleyes:

But, if I were too - I would have to point out that cannabis can turn you into a killer:eek:

Look!

Woman who killed father 'driven mad by cannabis'

The Times - July 17, 2002

A WOMAN who beat and stabbed her father to death had been driven insane by “heavy and regular” cannabis use, a court was told yesterday.

In a crime which appears certain to renew concern over last week’s decision to reclassify the drug, Ann-Marie Pyle inflicted 85 wounds on her 77-year-old father Bill, using several knives, a poker and a walking stick.
    But Teesside Crown Court was told that two psychiatrists who examined her after the killing concluded that she suffered from acute paranoid psychosis triggered by her abuse of cannabis.
    Mr Justice Holland jailed her for life after hearing that her mental illness had since been resolved, but that the risk of a relapse would be greater were she to smoke cannabis again. He recommended that she serve at least three years.
    “This was aggravated in later years by the abuse of cannabis. Two experts prepared reports. One said that she was capable of extreme violence. He said that her use of cannabis caused an acute paranoid psychosis.

“Another expert said that the killing was the result of mental illness which was now resolved but, in the long term, it was conceivable that if unsupervised, she could return to cannabis use and the risk could increase.

END

comments please?

Edited to say: yes the date is 2002 NOT 1902 as you expect :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by WHSpliff.net

isn`t it funny all these stories come 2 light straight after a Class Downgrade.... why ever did the journalists not dig em up b4 :rolleyes:
  • Options
    yes i agree, she personally probably shouldnt smoke cannabis.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    I know exactly what you mean, but you have to realise that this place goes through stages. What we're missing is the anti drugs posters, where are they all? Last year this forum had many more users who were up for a bit of an argument, nowadays everyone agree's and it's got a little boring.

Maybe the anti-drug posters have realised that there are more pro-drug posters on this site than anti, and that they are not going to pursuade 90% of those looking to to agree with them, so they have fucked off? The Site is brilliant, the best around, but you've got to admit that most people using "The Drug" section use them and like them
  • Options
    [

The Times - July 17, 2002

A WOMAN who beat and stabbed her father to death had been driven insane by “heavy and regular” cannabis use, a court was told yesterday.

In a crime which appears certain to renew concern over last week’s decision to reclassify the drug, Ann-Marie Pyle inflicted 85 wounds on her 77-year-old father Bill, using several knives, a poker and a walking stick.
    But Teesside Crown Court was told that two psychiatrists who examined her after the killing concluded that she suffered from acute paranoid psychosis triggered by her abuse of cannabis.
    Mr Justice Holland jailed her for life after hearing that her mental illness had since been resolved, but that the risk of a relapse would be greater were she to smoke cannabis again. He recommended that she serve at least three years.
    “This was aggravated in later years by the abuse of cannabis. Two experts prepared reports. One said that she was capable of extreme violence. He said that her use of cannabis caused an acute paranoid psychosis.

“Another expert said that the killing was the result of mental illness which was now resolved but, in the long term, it was conceivable that if unsupervised, she could return to cannabis use and the risk could increase.

I would think they are like the Politicians, they (the Papers) only think of those who are reading them, so they are bound to create scare stories so that the readers can keep on misbelieving that cannabis is dangerous. I think if you smoked +10 J's a day, every day, you would be doing some damage, but no way could anyone persuade me that weed is more dangerous than alcohol or tobacco