Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Latest purchase

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Having finally just got the new red hot chili peppers album, I was wondering what the last album people bought was? And is it any good?

And for those who don't tend to fork out £14 on a cd (understandably) you can put the latest single bought, or song downloaded.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I got the new Idlewild album on the very day it came out and that was the most recent I bought. Been waiting ages for it, and its finally here, woohoo!

And how good is it as you asked? Its great!
  • Options
    The last album I bought was The Eminem Show. The thing with me is I always buy loads of albums and singles but then rarely listen to them. Its such a waste of money. I bought that album the day it came out and have only listened to it a couple of times, even though I really like it! Its annoying, I was listening to a CD the other day which Ive had for months and theres some really good songs on there that I didnt realise I had as I never listen to the CD. I couldnt believe it when I played it as all my fave songs were coming on and I never knew I even had them. DUH!
  • Options
    I bought New Found Glory - Sticks and Stones the day it came and have listened to it a lot. I don't buy albums that much and tend to download (or borrow from mates) more than buy. Well happy with my latest purchase and have nearly converted my girlfriend from all her bloody R'n'B :D
  • Options
    Re: Latest purchase
    Originally posted by Mindless all the way
    And for those who don't tend to fork out £14 on a cd (understandably) you can put the latest single bought, or song downloaded.

I get mine from CD-WOW, only £8.99 there :p

As for the last album I bought it was Paul Van Dyk - Out There & Back.
  • Options
    The last CD I bought was Nellyville. I love it, cost me £9.99 in Tesco!
  • Options
    Re: Latest purchase
    Originally posted by Mindless all the way

Try Music Zone, I don't know if they have many shops yet, I know there are ones all over the northeast but I read somewhere they've expanded a lot in the last few months. Chart CDs for £9.99, all others for as little as £6.99. Cool!
    I bought New Found Glory - Sticks and Stones the day it came and have listened to it a lot.

That was the last one I bought too, but I haven't listened to it much. Haven't had time. I really like 'Sonny' though. Top song.
    Well happy with my latest purchase and have nearly converted my girlfriend from all her bloody R'n'B

A valid mission I must confess Ego!! Well done!
  • Options
    I bought 2 albums last week
    Gorillaz vs Spacemonkeys - Laika Come Home (its ok but not that good)
    Easyworld - This is where i stand (They be a good band)
  • Options
    I very nearly bought the new Oasis and RHCP albums this afternoon (2 for £22!!) but I can't 'cause I don't have enough money left! :(
    Last one i actually bought was....an Ocean Colour Scene one I think....bugger it, can't remember. Last mp3 I downloaded was The Strokes - Last Night.
  • Options
    I haven't bought a CD for ages, I got given the new RHCP one for my birthday though. Am debating whether or not to buy the lastest Idlewild album.
  • Options
    Tom Middleton - The Sound of the Cosmos

3 CD's of breakbeat, jazzy broken beat, house, garage, deep house and downtempo.
    Fuckin' lush, perfect summer music.
  • Options
    Incidently... the rhcp album is great! Like a funkier californication - the chili's were born to funk.

Top marks to "can't stop" - excellent song.
  • Options
    The best website I have seen for CD's is www.play.com its based in the Isle of Man so you don't pay tax on your purchases :) They are quick to deliver. Usually arrive within 3 - 5 days. Normally 3.

Anyway... I bought the By the way - RHCP, Blood Sugar Sex Magik (again) - RHCP , LoveHateTragedy(Papa Roach),
  • Options
    i got the vines - highly evolved, and i have to the best album i have ever had, worth every penny.
  • Options
    idlewild-the remote part

its good:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Broken Heart
    www.play.com

notworthy.gif

You've just saved me so much money I could kiss you:D

biggthumpup.gif
  • Options
    The last albums I bought were:

Seafood
    Weezer
    Reloaded 3
    Haven

That was in the HMV sale last week. The last new releases I bought were Oasis (fucking ace) and Muse (v. cool)
  • Options
    Originally posted by PinkFeatherBoa
    The last albums I bought were:

Seafood
    Weezer
    Reloaded 3
    Haven

That was in the HMV sale last week. The last new releases I bought were Oasis (fucking ace) and Muse (v. cool)

all of them are great albums!

wow someone with good taste:eek: :D
  • Options
    I bought three CDs last month:

Weezer - Maladroit (in case my sig didn't tell you)
    Korn - Untouchables
    Muse - Hullaballoo

All were a worthy investment. I'm just waiting for payday so that I can get RHCP, and get ready for Coldplay...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ego

notworthy.gif

You've just saved me so much money I could kiss you:D

biggthumpup.gif

No probs! I use it all the time! :D